How are the EXcelerator coils for Minelabs???

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How are the EXcelerator coils for Minelab's???

I just got the EXcelerator 8X6 Butterfly coil for my Safari. I've yet to put it on since swapping coils on the Minelab's is a pain and I'm doing okay with the pro coil.

But, question I have is this...

Does all of the hype on these coils prove true? Can you get greater depths on them versus the pro coil that came with the Safari??

Also, what's the difference between the butterfly coils and the round excelerator coils with the one bar going through it (double D's I think)???

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: How are the EXcelerator coils for Minelab's???

I have the 15"x18" SEF Butterfly coil for my Sov GT and it is great. I just bought the 12"x15" SEF Butterfly for splice on one of my Excals....

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter said:
I have the 15"x18" SEF Butterfly coil for my Sov GT and it is great. I just bought the 12"x15" SEF Butterfly for splice on one of my Excals....
I have the Intruder S-12 coil for my Sov.GT would getting a 15x18 make much more difference as far as depth ? Dd60

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Deepdiger60 said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
I have the Intruder S-12 coil for my Sov.GT would getting a 15x18 make much more difference as far as depth ? Dd60

I have a S-12 on one of my Excals, I personally think the 15x18 SEF Butterfly is a LOT deeper. It is also a LOT heaver, for me it is not a problem as I use the harness and bungee with I hunt, I highly recommend you use one if you get a 15x18.

I bought my 15x18 before they raised the price so I got a real good deal on it, even better since I got it with gift cards I earned from company I work for.........

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The 6x8 on my etrac hit coins in my garden down to almost 8 inches, that was knowing where they were and touching the ground above them. In order to get a stop-me tone while swinging like I was hunting, they needed to be good bit shallower. Did get great tones and good id's with it, should be good for smaller areas you need to disect (iron pathces, junk filled spots), maybe ones pounded already with the larger coils.

Also got the 10x12 sef, while not much different than the pro coil, a little heavier..... it can be run a little hotter, it id's better/deeper and is built tougher.

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs

one thing with all coils that you have to change it and like you said its not so fast process. another you have to carry it! with small coil problem its not much ground covering and not so deep, some will say not so big difference its enough deep, but try it on have sensitivity and you will see the difference, why I said about have sensitivity? because to fount targets between iron you have to lower sensitivity sometimes to half with original 10 or 11 coil you have more space to manipulate it! with big coils its heavy,usually not deeper, and heavy for explorer, or its family detectors means to much heavy! hard to detect in the iron infested places, between bushes and coils cost to much!. pluses ground covering, I think big coils only for beaches. good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread