Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Peachy

Feb 16, 2015
High Lonesome
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pidgeons can find their way home. Birds, fish and whales all travel tremendous distances to the very spot where they were born. Family pets travel coast to coast and find their owners. Heck even I get lucky sometimes! There are things that cannot be explained away so easily or proved one way or another. It just is. The ancient Egyptians believed that we once had 360 senses and lost them through lack of use and became atrophied. (They also believed in a dog head dude). I don't know just what the end game is here but it's fun till spring! Carry on

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
And the tests conclusively show that dowsing works, right ? So then all the more reason to take me up on my wager, right ? You ready then ?
Gee Tom. I forgot what this is all about. Looks like we all agree the tests all prove that people can Dowse so what is there to bet about?...Art

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Pidgeons can find their way home. Birds, fish and whales all travel tremendous distances to the very spot where they were born. Family pets travel coast to coast and find their owners. Heck even I get lucky sometimes! There are things that cannot be explained away so easily or proved one way or another. It just is. The ancient Egyptians believed that we once had 360 senses and lost them through lack of use and became atrophied. (They also believed in a dog head dude). I don't know just what the end game is here but it's fun till spring! Carry on

On the contrary, those things you list CAN be proved. That's why you and I know them as fact. The homing skills of those animals and pets have reams of observable evidence, that can not be explained in any-other way, other than-their-ability to do those things.

Does the similar such evidence exist for dowsing's effectiveness? If so, got any links ?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
We have all had a lot of talks about protocols. Skeptics think that basing the results would be by using the coin flip method. We thing the base lines should be by testing non rod users. That is where you run into trouble. From the classes I taught at the High School I found the rods would work for 95 % of the kids. So it would be hard to find people who could not get a response from the rods. The Betz report used people trained to locate water and Dowsers. Whether you like the results or not it was good for the people who live there...
A few people who have come to this thread can get the Rods to respond but do not know what they are responding to. It takes a lot of practice to learn what they are telling you..Art

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Gee Tom. I forgot what this is all about. Looks like we all agree the tests all prove that people can Dowse so what is there to bet about?...Art

If you read back through the exchanges, it was spelled out numerous times. Here it is again:

a) If the tests "prove" that dowsing works (as you say in the above quote), then the wager is this:

b) We set up a pre-arranged set of criteria, as to what constitutes a fair test. One that wasn't susceptible to any foul play, subtle visual clues, etc.... It will be mutually agreed upon by both us , before we start.

c) If I can show that the test results were susceptible to other explanations, then you come on the forum admitting as such. Ie.: admitting that the link you give doesn't conclusively prove dowsing works. Then I reserve the right to book-mark that admission link, showing that the BEST POSSIBLE TEST a dowsing proponent can come up with, fails, even by his own admission, to prove dowsing works.

d) But if the link PASSES the scrutiny as being double-blind, and not explainable by other means, then I come on the forum admitting that the link shows that those individuals truly dowsed successfully. You are welcome to bookmark that, and .... if I dared ever express that dowsing doesn't work, I would be quite embarassed to see my name-in-print admitting that dowsing has passed a test. Doh!

So are we on ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hummm guess unsubscribe means different things to different people......LOL..😁

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Hummm guess unsubscribe means different things to different people......LOL..

Ha. Are you referring to my post #262 ? In that, I'd said I would unsubscribe too:

..... if I don't get a commitment soon...."

So I'll set that time-limit (as to what "soon" meant) right here: If by 5pm PST Art or TH'r chooses to take me up on my wager, so be it. It'll be a great opportunity to have these conclusive links cause a skeptic to sweat bullets! Now's your chance . You can't ask for a fairer challenge than this.

If not, then 5pm is when I un-subscribe to the thread. I will however, make mental note of the refusal to take the challenge though, in case future dowsers say that "successful dowsers aren't allowed for 20 yrs. to take the test".

In this case, I'm not even asking to test anyone heres ability. Just those they say have passed it in past recorded tests. How much more fair can I be ? So here's your chance. Y or N ?

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Some Dowsers only do water hunting. Some use Dowsing in their work. Some use Dowsing to locate treasure, Some use other method to locate treasure. Last time I looked, this is a country that you can do what you want...Art

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha. Are you referring to my post #262 ? In that, I'd said I would unsubscribe too:

..... if I don't get a commitment soon...."

So I'll set that time-limit (as to what "soon" meant) right here: If by 5pm PST Art or TH'r chooses to take me up on my wager, so be it. It'll be a great opportunity to have these conclusive links cause a skeptic to sweat bullets! Now's your chance . You can't ask for a fairer challenge than this.

If not, then 5pm is when I un-subscribe to the thread. I will however, make mental note of the refusal to take the challenge though, in case future dowsers say that "successful dowsers aren't allowed for 20 yrs. to take the test".

In this case, I'm not even asking to test anyone heres ability. Just those they say have passed it in past recorded tests. How much more fair can I be ? So here's your chance. Y or N ?
Just humor... The reason I added the smiley....

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

... curious why you wouldn't give it a try, just out of curiosity alone?

Here's a best answer yet! :) "Because it's already been tried and tested", according to various persons here. Results contained in links they provide. Y ? N ? I am totally willing to look at those reports, of persons who have already tried it.

And notice how fair I'm being: I'm not asking to "study links where dowsers failed", am I? ON THE CONTRARY, I'm offering to study links where dowsers succeeded. What's NOT to jump at this chance to silence a skeptic. Any takers ?

... Why wouldn't you try it? Not to prove anything in the thread, but for your own curiosity! I'm not asking this as a point either way! If it didn't work for you so what, But if it did? Where would you start to figure out why it worked? ....

Because my curiosity here is not "does it work?". I'm willing to admit (as I have to Art & TH'r) that their dowsing apparently "works". But I want to study more the phenomenom of "works", to know-for-certain that no other factor could have been at play.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

ooops double post. Deleted.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4.5 hrs. left. Any takers? Art? Digger? Th'r ?
I have already told you I don't need to prove anything to you Tom..... Go ahead and unsubscribe..........

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are you even babbling about? You have already been pointed to the info you keep requesting everyone else to do for you. Take a little initiative of your own and read. You obviously only want to see what you want to see. Proof that dowsing has been done successfully, and documented, has been provided. As I said, you can only lead a horse to water.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I have already told you I don't need to prove anything to you Tom..... Go ahead and unsubscribe..........

TH'r, and as I have told you, I'm not asking you to prove anything. I'm asking the links/reports to prove something.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... Take a little initiative of your own and read. ....

I will most gladly. The trouble is, if/when I go to show (if it's possible that is) that the evidence you provide can have alternate explanations, it will fall on deaf ears. So before I go to the trouble, I'm asking for this wager. And remember: It includes "complete capitulation" on my part, if the reports show as you say they do.

.... You obviously only want to see what you want to see.....

No. What we BOTH MUTUALLY agree is to be seen and interpretted.

.... Proof that dowsing has been done successfully, and documented, has been provided. ....

If the reports show that, then am I to infer from this that you accept my wager ? This is your chance to see me eat humble pie :)

... As I said, you can only lead a horse to water.

And in this case you can "make him drink". You willing to do that ? Easy as pie. :)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions