Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We actually had some rather enjoyable weather temp wise recently but it was too wet to hunt my spots. Now the sun has come out and that is perfectly alright except for this sweltering humidity. It seems like it takes me longer each year to get used to it too. I am already hammering the Gator Aid and trying not to over do it. I was trying to beat the heat yesterday while detecting early when my wife hunted me up. The sweat was already pouring down my face when she told me that my phone wasn't working and that I needed to get to the emergency room right now. My son was throwing up blood like crazy. I had dropped my phone and although it looked to be working, it wasn't. I reset it by turning it completely off and back on. lots of messages then. So, the son was sent to the big city 100 miles away and I was stuck with watching the 3 year old. Casin is very shy, even to me and refuses to do anything except maybe screaming bloody murder. So, back out in the sun we went to metal detect in their yard. Didn't expect to find much but we found worms and bugs and he was happy. He actually would take the worms over and feed them to the the two month old piglets. A friend had caught a sow (wild) with babies and given two of them to my son. The pigs loved the worms and Casin loved giving them to them. But it was still very hot and so we finally called it quits and went inside. The son, really bad bleeding ulcers. I found almost a dollar in clad plus three wheaties from in the morning. I guess that I am getting soft because this humidity is awful! Don't forget to hydrate! DL

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Know what you mean about the humidity. Seems a little early up here in Illinois, but the worst is to come. SKEETER"S! Good Luck out there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread