how do I figure out what an electronic board is worth?

ilyaz

Oct 2, 2010
I have been collecting various boards from different pieces of electronics that I scrapped. Basically, I have four piles:
1. computer motherboards
2. boards pulled from CRT monitors
3. boards from old tube TVs -- some are probably 15-20-25 years old -- and other non-computer electronics like boomboxes etc
4. PCI boards of various types like wireless cards etc
So how do I figure out whether they are worth anything? PCI cards all have gold fingers, so I guess that's good. But what about all the other types? Also, if I do try to sell them on ebay in bulk, do I have to first remove large components like capacitors? Do I cut up the bigger boards into pieces that are more valuable, or do I keep them intact?

Thanks!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're pulling old tubers, hang on to every tube you can pull. Most of the tubes are getting difficult to find. Collectors, ham radio operators & antiquers seem to be always looking for them. Google up the number off of a tube or two, a pile of EBay ads should pop up. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what they'll bring. If you have a lot of tubes, finding a tube checker at a thrift store or Craigs list would be worthwhile, you can get a premium price for tested good tubes. Depending on what you've salvaged you have a chance at making more than you'll probably make on the scrap.

Put some of your motherboards up on Craigs list or EBay possibly a better return than scrap prices. Memory sells good on CL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread