How do u prevent hand blisters when using scoop?

fishingdevil

May 1, 2013
Next to the sea
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi people,

I'm not sure if this has been discussed... But I'm having a lot of blisters and soreness from using my stealth 720i.
Before you start thinking its all due to weight.. I've also been using a v v lightweight aluminum drain scoop with the same blister problem after 3-4 hours of hunting at the beach.
I thought its a glove issue and had tried many but even thick ones didn't help. In fact, with the thick ones, I lost a useful hand to pick up the items on the ground...

Does anyone have the same problem? How do you solve this?

Upvote 0

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
The Sun part makes since so I'll start wearing gloves. I drag my scoop and when I'm on dry sand it helps me keep track of where I've been.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also use neoprene gloves with fingers open. I think mine came from a kayak supply (neosport?). I used to get blisters because the sand grit would get between my hands and the scoop. Not a problem since I got the gloves.for the scoop, I drag it behind me on the beach. I wrapped pipe wrap around the handle so it can bob near me when I'm putting my treasure in the pouch.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

chip12977

Jun 7, 2012
Duncansville,pa
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Whites PI Dual Field
Fisher f2 - sold
Whites DFX 300 - sold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi people,

I'm not sure if this has been discussed... But I'm having a lot of blisters and soreness from using my stealth 720i.
Before you start thinking its all due to weight.. I've also been using a v v lightweight aluminum drain scoop with the same blister problem after 3-4 hours of hunting at the beach.
I thought its a glove issue and had tried many but even thick ones didn't help. In fact, with the thick ones, I lost a useful hand to pick up the items on the ground...

Does anyone have the same problem? How do you solve this?

I would tell you to sell me your scoop, but I just bought one, that would solve your problem

OP
OP
F

fishingdevil

May 1, 2013
Next to the sea
Primary Interest:
thanks for the multiple suggestions that came through... i think i will definitely give the open fingers gloves a try... i had them before when i was much younger for climbing ropes... i forgot all about it till now... this should work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread