How Do YOU Beat the HEAT !

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Folks. Been warming up here in north central Illinois. My fields are all planted. The woods are overgrown and infested with nasty bugs. The sodded areas are dry and hard. Where do you go hunting now? I could still hunt the sod but, I know I'll kill the grass if I dig big plugs. I do have my Garrett AT Pro so jumping into the water is an option. I don't normally hunt the tot lots these days but, in times of desperation and much needed therapy I am considering doing a night time tot lot raid. I know where several are located and once darkness falls and the kiddos are gone I think I am going to head out and see what I can plunder. I need to slap in my 10,500 BTU AC unit before I head out. Gonna' be toasty this weekend I hear. Let me know what ya'll do when it's freaking hot and parched in your neck of the woods. Kurios1

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With a very large fan......that's what we do here when it get hot. Now if we could just a beautiful woman to fan with it on us......

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
My preference is to break out my Excal and go get in the water! I don't last in the sun very long when out dirt digging.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Water both internally and externally.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With a very large fan......that's what we do here when it get hot. Now if we could just a beautiful woman to fan with it on us......

Beautiful women will want your treasures. Can't have that. My cat could care less about my treasure. Just feed and water it. And the poop thing.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My preference is to break out my Excal and go get in the water! I don't last in the sun very long when out dirt digging.

Of course the obvious answer for water hunters is getting wet. I have only a few months experience with my AT Pro in the local streams but, I did enjoy the heck out of it. Even not finding much of anything valuable it was still fun. I guess my question should have been more directed toward land hunters. I go out in the evening after sundown. I wonder how many folks do that? I live in an area that is pretty safe and not much violent crime. I reckon city folks may want to be indoors after sundown if they have issues with crime.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water both internally and externally.

You have the new Excaliber II. I think that's their water machine. So do you hunt freshwater lakes, beaches, streams in Utah?

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Would you be meaning freshwater or salt? SW Virginia I am assuming fresh unless you do roadtrips to the coast. I'd be very interested in seeing some of your water recoveries from fresh water if that's where you go. We need more Aquachiggers & Nuggetnoggins. I am a water "baby" and am still learning where and how to find the good stuff. Thanks for the reply.

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When its 114 in the shade on the back porch, you stay home.
114 Degrees In shade On Back Porch Arizona 2016 - Copy.JPG

This was last summer. Its 104 right now.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Hunt from dawn until tired, eat lunch, nap, then hunt 7pm to nightfall.

Hunted a ball park this morning. Screwdriver popping only. And frozen gatoraid bottles.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Would you be meaning freshwater or salt? SW Virginia I am assuming fresh unless you do roadtrips to the coast. I'd be very interested in seeing some of your water recoveries from fresh water if that's where you go. We need more Aquachiggers & Nuggetnoggins. I am a water "baby" and am still learning where and how to find the good stuff. Thanks for the reply.

I haven't posted it as a find but went out yesterday in freshwater - really should have worn my wetsuit. But I scooped up a 12 gram sterling necklace.

I've a cousin on the coast of NC, so I hit the water there several times a year. And of course another Florida trip late this year is not out of the realm of possibilities!

Really, for jewelry, the coast and fresh water beach sites are where it's at.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to try one of those snap towels you see on tv. Im still trying to convince myself it will work before I shell out the dough. I like the frozen gatoraide too. I alternate dry sand, water, drysand, water.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to try one of those snap towels you see on tv. Im still trying to convince myself it will work before I shell out the dough. I like the frozen gatoraide too. I alternate dry sand, water, drysand, water. Max cool by mission 19.99 it just came on tv while I was posting.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When its 114 in the shade on the back porch, you stay home.
View attachment 1460506

This was last summer. Its 104 right now.

I remember. I was out there living with my parents from 84'-86'. I loved the desert. Lived in Tucson out on Catalina Highway just south of the road leading up Mount Lemmon. I loved going up into Tanque Verde Falls. Had some old hippy nudist friends that would hang out up there too.:o

walnuttree

Jul 23, 2015
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very early in the morning is my favorite time in the hot months, but I'll go anytime on a beach. It's the headphones that get me, they make my ears sweat like a running faucet.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have the new Excaliber II. I think that's their water machine. So do you hunt freshwater lakes, beaches, streams in Utah?

Lakes for me

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some years I can hunt permissions until late July and then I go into the woods and water, If I need a quick fix I am not apposed to hunting some tot lots. I have a camel pak full of cold water when it gets warm and always keep a cooler of ice cold water in the van.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I put the MD right next to the decks slider doors. Then I grab a cold Coors Light and go stand by the MD while looking outside. I look out over the pool toward the woods and imagine myself digging up lots of treasure... This usually wears me out so I go for another cold beer, put the MD up for the day and just rest. This is how I "beat the heat". It works every time! Guaranteed 100%!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread