How do you become a MOD in this forum

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff is the Grand Poohpah here...........

Grand Poopah.jpg

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
did you mean poohbah? or pooper?

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being a Mod is like owning the ball during a game, if things don't go your way, you can always take the ball home.:laughing7:

SS

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In my mind a good Mod doesn't do things based on personal feelings

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
or Jeff would have booted me by now, or at least fried my computer

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok, now i'm officially lost

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay you are gone for posting PMs on the open forum... It is over.....Natch

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my kingdom for posters who can spell

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to think about it for a while when asked because I knew the effort put forth by the other Mods plus I work hard. I like T-Net and enjoy the forum but I also like to relic and artifact hunt and enjoy reading the different sections and seeing the finds. I did not want being a Mod to take the fun out of this place.:tongue3: It has not. We have a lot of good members and the other mods are always there to help with questions. The hardest thing now is finding time when here to post my humble finds.
It is an honor. The not so new guy.
TnMtns

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my kingdom for posters who can spell

please don't harp on spelling.

there are several reasons posts can be Misspelled .

One of them is being upset, and in a hurry to post.

again ,it's Not cool to pest some one for their spelling :unhappysmiley:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to think about it for a while when asked because I knew the effort put forth by the other Mods plus I work hard. I like T-Net and enjoy the forum but I also like to relic and artifact hunt and enjoy reading the different sections and seeing the finds. I did not want being a Mod to take the fun out of this place.:tongue3: It has not. We have a lot of good members and the other mods are always there to help with questions. The hardest thing now is finding time when here to post my humble finds.
It is an honor. The not so new guy.
TnMtns
I have always found you to be a Gentleman TN, a good addition to the Moderaters of TreasureNet :icon_thumright:

SS

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a mod for the largest ham radio site in the world (500K members).

Basically, I was a member for 10 years before I ever became a mod. I asked one day if the owner needed help with anything (mod or not) and he stated that they needed more mods for a section that gets tons of traffic.

He then had a meeting with the existing mods which consisted of checking thousands of my previous posts as well as asking other ordinary but long time members how I was to interact with.

The final "test" was to make sure I would write a coherent paragraph and actually convey thoughts via text.

Frankly, it is a PITA. I have only been a member of this site for a few weeks and I really like it, but I would not want to jump into another large forum such as this. Being a mod takes a lot of skill and tact that 99% of the population does not possess.

WM

motodude

Greenie
Apr 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started what may have been the first "forum" on the internet. "Forums" on the internet were originally called a "BBS" which was a name that was a hold-over from the dial-up days. I hated "BBS" and edited my software replacing every reference of "BBS" with the phrase "FORUM" -- which was a term that I borrowed from Compuserve.

Being a "mod" came with the territory. Back in those days...if 10 or 20 people visited your web site in a day it was a big day!

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool, I was just wondering what it does take to become one...I do not want to be one, I cant spend enough time on here as it is. It was just a question, please don't read into it more than that. I had a scrape with a mod and I do understand his stance, I was just wondering what it took to become one, hoping it wasn't a popularity contest...:notworthy: This forum kicks butt, and I try to read EVERYTHING....and will never have enough time....lol Peace to all....:thumbsup:

Feb 17, 2013
So I see the same kind of mod beatings go on hear like they do in the scuba forums I read. I guess no matter the hobby you still have the same kinds of people. I was a mod in a college alumni group under my real name. Never again! We ended up closing it down. It was too much grief.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I see the same kind of mod beatings go on hear like they do in the scuba forums I read. I guess no matter the hobby you still have the same kinds of people. I was a mod in a college alumni group under my real name. Never again! We ended up closing it down. It was too much grief.

I haven't been here long Bee, but that's not my experience. The Mods join the conversation but lie low unless someone gos waaay too far

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome to t-net BumbleBee.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread