Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey All,

I've been addicted to this forum since I found it. I've bought rolls of pennies, nickels and more over the years. I have found some neat things.

My question to you is this... I see you guys buying up halves... $250 here... $1000 there. HOW do you do it? I don't have that type of cash laying around to play with! How do you do it!?!?

Am I just that poorly paid?!?! lol

Upvote 0

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As The Fox sez......

And that ain't even enough.

Save..... don't spend.

Robin

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
CaptainRobin said:
As The Fox sez......

And that ain't even enough.

Save..... don't spend.

Robin
Unless your my "kids" (mid-30's). They don't know what saving is. They have to spend every penny they can get there hands on. Then when something happens and they need 3 or 400 dollars it's a big trauma / drama.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Silver_Fox said:
Everyone should have a min. of 2-10K sitting in the bank at all times for emergency's.
Great advice Fox. I wish my sister would take this advice.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Silver_Fox said:
Everyone should have a min. of 2-10K sitting in the bank at all times for emergency's.

Yes and the idea is to convert that face value silver over time. ;D

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
Instead of investing in the stockmarket, I coin roll hunt.

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
Many people use money that is meant to to pay bills, but maybe the bill isn't due for 3 weeks so the money is just sitting in your account. If you do this and pay late the late fees will eat your profit. We have had money set aside for a stucko job on our home, and like most contractors here they have put us off for a while. That money is great to use for coin roll hunting until the contractor actually does the job.
If you sell your silver as you go you can use the money to set up a "self funding" savings fund so you slowly build money to use for coin roll hunting. My ideas on the matter, but an emergency savings account is the best way to go, and it is too bad many people didn't use their stimulus checks to bolster their savings.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cashed in a CD that was earning a PATHETICLY low interest rate, I have made way more from silver coin roll hunting than the bank was paying me interest.

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
When I started a year ago I had $100 to my name- obviousely I started with pennies. About the time the bank cut ME off (cause I wasn't ordering them) payday was coming. So I ordered boxes to cover my paycheck (2 boxes) so I got to hunt the halves, dump them and pay bills as needed. I stopped eating fast food 3 times a day and anything else that was pissing my hunting money away. Every payday since I have done the same and with my more frugal lifestyle, right now I have $6K to hunt with- I also sold some stuff and I've sold silver too. Takes $$$$$$$ to make $$$$$$$$$$. HH Mark
BTW this is also how I got burned out- since from day 1 I was used to hunting with my life savings so as it grew so did the hunt. I am not complaining- as I am waaaaaaaaaay ahead.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Silver Stripe said:
When I started a year ago I had $100 to my name- obviousely I started with pennies. About the time the bank cut ME off (cause I wasn't ordering them) payday was coming. So I ordered boxes to cover my paycheck (2 boxes) so I got to hunt the halves, dump them and pay bills as needed. I stopped eating fast food 3 times a day and anything else that was pissing my hunting money away. Every payday since I have done the same and with my more frugal lifestyle, right now I have $6K to hunt with- I also sold some stuff and I've sold silver too. Takes $$$$$$$ to make $$$$$$$$$$. HH Mark
BTW this is also how I got burned out- since from day 1 I was used to hunting with my life savings so as it grew so did the hunt. I am not complaining- as I am waaaaaaaaaay ahead.

Another endorsement of my "How You Can Make Money From Your Own Home Starting With Nothing" program.
Just send a check for $5.00 with a self addressed stamped envelope to:

TXTim
Texas, USA.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Hey groove, I agree with these guys if you can, save whenever you can and use the money you have put away to buy the rolls. If you don't have any saved wait for your check to come in and make a trip to a few banks. Chances are you will find a few silvers and stash them away so they grow in value. You usually waist that bit of money anyway on junkfood or something else that one give anything in return. If Luck finds you and you hit a cache that takes up your entire paycheck, I would buy it all. Keep what you can of it and the rest sell on ebay in a two or three day auction. Most likely you will make great profit and end up with the money from your check plus a good chunk of change. The profit you can use to buy more coin etc. For me, I store every little peice because silver will eventually climb to 50 dollars an ounce. It may take 50 years but it will happen. When it does I will have a nice nest egg. Good Luck.

-Golden Silver

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Silver_Fox said:

if your like me and live paycheck to paycheck this is an impossiblitly. I am a 24 yr old student and although i make good money when im not at school saving is hard. Although CRH has helped me save alittle. I started a savings account at the bank i order my boxes from. so every payday i use my paycheck and savings cash to get my boxes. I then just redeposit into my savings and use my paycheck to pay my normal bills. Also my Gf sometimes throws me cash and my parents will lend it to me for a few hrs. At first when i saked my mom for 1k she laughed at me until i explained i would have it back into the account in less then 2hrs. Now they both trust the money will go back to the bank ASAP

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
TXTim said:
Silver Stripe said:

Another endorsement of my "How You Can Make Money From Your Own Home Starting With Nothing" program.

TXTim
Texas, USA.
I'm sending $10. Story's like that make me teary eyed. Only in America. I love success story's. I say if Silver Stripe can do it then by golly you can too. Now get off that couch and go find some silver. Oh, and SS, thanks for sharing. You are an inspiration to all.

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Silver_Fox said:
TXTim said:
Silver Stripe said:

TXTim
Texas, USA.
I'm sending $10. Story's like that make me teary eyed. Only in America. I love success story's. I say if Silver Stripe can do it then by golly you can too. Now get off that couch and go find some silver. Oh, and SS, thanks for sharing. You are an inspiration to all.
Your welcome, I think.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Stripe said:
Silver_Fox said:
TXTim said:
Silver Stripe said:

TXTim
Texas, USA.
Your welcome, I think.

No doubt a great story Mark....congrats for the persistence and persevering. You caught on to this hobby really quick and did very very well. Kudos my friend!

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ugotit22 said:
Silver_Fox said:

if your like me and live paycheck to paycheck this is an impossiblitly. I am a 24 yr old student and although i make good money when im not at school saving is hard.

Same here....except i dont make decent cash....ever...lol

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I buy over 8k a week using 2k..... Buy 2 cash 2 buy 2 cash 2 buy 2 cash 2...... Got the 2 from CRH profit. No need to hoard when there is more. Volume is king. If you hoard everything than you are tying up all your capitol.

Hope this makes sense......

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread