Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
The only surefire way to determine where the coin is coming from, would be to wait at the bank for the armoured delivery. Once it leaves, just follow the truck back to it's source.
As far as the silver content of boxes - the silver that you are finding are the coins that are missed by the rolling facilities silver culling process, hey, they can't get 'em all!

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
fistfulladirt said:
As far as the silver content of boxes - the silver that you are finding are the coins that are missed by the rolling facilities silver culling process, hey, they can't get 'em all!

Is this true? Do the rolling facilities cull the silver? I thought they just count and reroll.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
SeaninNH said:
fistfulladirt said:

Is this true? Do the rolling facilities cull the silver? I thought they just count and reroll.
I read that on the internet somewhere, I will try and find the link.

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
SeaninNH said:
fistfulladirt said:

If this were true no silver would get buy the Machine. This is a myth. If the rolling co separated the coins by weight to cull silver they would get tuns of holed, worndown and foreign coins. They would need to pay employees for this and it's not cost effective. I'm sure some small places might be looking into this but not big city's.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
The machines culling silver is true in Canada .. they cull for silvers, nickels, & coppers. They switched their coins to base metal steel a few years back.

Fistfull is a veteran here.. he may just be sarcastic about it.. The companies culling silver thread has been brought up before.. Again for the FNG (New Guys) here, go back and read old posts. We get a lot of new people here all the time but sometimes old topics get brought up over and over again. It's like getting your dumps back. It just gets frustrating. I've posted some older topics, they die down after a while and some other new guy will open another one about the same topic months later. It becomes a revolving door. Maybe we should have an "Official Do Coin Wrapping Companies Cull Coins Thread?" or "Official How Do I Order Boxes Thread" or "Official Which Type of Box is Better Thread?" or "Official Why Do People Mark Coins Thread?".

If anything else, PLEASE go and read older topics.. You will learn a lot and probably wouldn't have the urge to post a new topic that's been brought up a bunch of times before.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Ha SF, I am full of - sarcasm at times. Regarding picking, I crunched a few #'s and all I have to say is "not cost effective?"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread