🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Edit Post
Delete
Physically Remove or
Delete Message (may ask for reason of deletion)
Scroll down & look to your right Delete Post

If there are replies, you won't be able to delete, you'll have to contact Mods.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
In Vbulletin, depending on how the board is set up, when you are logged on as a ROOT ADMIN (normally a Moderator can only HIDE a topic for moderation by ADMIN) you put a check in the box next to the post then go to the bottom of the page and choose DELETE from the drop down box then click on the button to the right "With Submitted".

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moderators can wipe threads completely away if we wish. If there is a problem with a thread we usually use report thread so we have a visible record. If we remove a thread we usually put it in quarantine forum for future reference.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the option to Edit/Delete a thread that no one has posted to yet but I fail to find the delete button.

Whew, I thought I may have post on it and I would lose my all important comment and further throw my post count into total disarray :laughing7:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Place the curser to the right of the last line and lean on the backspace button until it is gone. Removing the title takes a Mod. hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I tried all of the above and none worked so I finally purchased a Magic Marker and just colored the post in on my screen. That worked for that thread but now it seems I'm missing something while surfing. :icon_scratch:

K

Kentucky Kache

I tried all of the above and none worked so I finally purchased a Magic Marker and just colored the post in on my screen. That worked for that thread but now it seems I'm missing something while surfing. :icon_scratch:

You have to use a marker that says, "covers only unwanted material." Always read the label. :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MB, if you tell us what thread it was we could delete it for you....

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
MB, if you tell us what thread it was we could delete it for you....

You forget I'm the ultimate moderator and have special powers of deletion known only to the dark spirit world.

Speaking of dark spirit world...I promised to meet some folks at Yankee Rebel's ...I"M LATE!!!

Catch ya all later.

Last edited:

TheOldMan

Nov 26, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Just click on edit post and +++++ - some folks get pi**ed if you take away their sacred post count.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Just click on edit post and +++++ - some folks get pi**ed if you take away their sacred post count.

I suppose that's true. It is funny how forums can take over one's life.

This is in part why I started that now defunct thread asking the question "How well do you read posts?" Actually I started that thread on a serious note and some friends took it as a joke and it ran for a very long time in Comedy Central. It was originally posted in Everything Else but Jeff moved it to Comedy Central and that move helped it stay alive for several years. If left in Everything Else it would have died out quickly.

My point of the thread was going to be, people get so addicted to forums they often post without really reading the original author's message. They post just to be noticed, more or less.

People today want to be more than a number. Forums are a way to gain a sort of mini-fame. Granted this "fame" is mostly in the member's head but imagined "fame" is better than none at all. People today are really seeking meaning in life and I'd say that's the real root of the matter.

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Instead of a Black Majic Marker, would you care to purchase my very expensive White Out for blondes?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose that's true. It is funny how forums can take over one's life.

This is in part why I started that now defunct thread asking the question "How well do you read posts?" Actually I started that thread on a serious note and some friends took it as a joke and it ran for a very long time in Comedy Central. It was originally posted in Everything Else but Jeff moved it to Comedy Central and that move helped it stay alive for several years. If left in Everything Else it would have died out quickly.

My point of the thread was going to be, people get so addicted to forums they often post without really reading the original author's message. They post just to be noticed, more or less.

People today want to be more than a number. Forums are a way to gain a sort of mini-fame. Granted this "fame" is mostly in the members head but imagined "fame" is better than none at all. People today are really seeking meaning in life and I'd say that's the real root of the matter.

Yep just like this one I am responding to now.
(although yes I read all the posts here)
it is how threads get hijacked, when the last response
is the one getting the attention.

and like a good tale, the more people in a line hear it & re-tell it,
the more interesting it can get :laughing7:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People today want to be more than a number. Forums are a way to gain a sort of mini-fame. Granted this "fame" is mostly in the member's head but imagined "fame" is better than none at all. People today are really seeking meaning in life and I'd say that's the real root of the matter.

So, I'm not famous then :dontknow: :crybaby2::laughing9:

TheOldMan

Nov 26, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
TheOldMan is too busy going out to find some tresure...hense very few postings. But the day will come when I hit the rocking chair for good and I will then make the computer smoke by posting a hundred times a day. Lets see 365 x 100 = 36,500 post a year - why heck, I'll catch up to Jeff in no time. ALERT! This post will disappear in 60 hours, ala Mission Impossible.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheOldMan, not too impressive, Mission Impossible would have deleted it in seconds :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread