How does this sound?

BigMESA

Sep 21, 2006
Summerville, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236x2
I am putting an ad in the local online classifieds trying to drum up some hunting activity for me. So how does this sound to you if you were someone who didn't own a detector :P I took some of it from a online permission letter I read also so thx to whoever wrote that!

"Hi! I am a Metal Detector hobbyist and I am wanting to share my expertise with you and help you find whatever it is you may need finding! Maybe you lost a wedding band outside while planting the flowers, or perhaps grandpa had a Mason Jar full of money somewhere out back! I will do my best to help you recover what ever you lost, where ever you lost it at. If I find any other family heirlooms while searching I will glady return them to you too!

The only thing I ask in return is the opportunity to detect on your property and keep whatever coins or relics I may find. You see I love the thrill of finding old coins, buttons, and other relics from the rich history around this area and collecting them. If you just want me to search an old property to see what we can find that is great too and we can share in the findings!

I want you to understand that I always respect the property that I search and try to leave it in the same condition that I found it. Normally the targets are no deeper than 4 or 5 inches and I retrieve them such that the ground appears not to be disturbed. I know I wouldn't want someone digging holes in my back yard and leaving and ugly mess, neither do you!

Thank you for your time and consideration and please email me if you would like to talk abot what I can do for you!"

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a Bit long For an Ad (Cost Per Word ?) but,
Pretty much Perfect.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mesa, that is ingenious. "Metal Detectorist will find a named lost item in your yard in exchange for hunting access to entire property."

You could even charge a nominal fee for your service and stipulate that you keep all other finds as payment.

rock on!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread