gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I see, you've read bad. Bad in what way I wonder, I would like to read that myself. That's interesting since silver is the most conductive metal known to science. Every machine works best on silver. To answer your question, very very good indeed.

OP
OP
JWT70

JWT70

May 26, 2012
Some people say that it is better on relics than coins. I guess I should've phrased my question better. Just asking for some opinions.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your dealing with sites pounded for several decades all the easy silver is gone from any obvious site big or small... i couldnt tell you how many churches ive been to this summer im guess over a dozen all buildt 1920 or before and i found 1 silver out of 40 hours of hunting them...it dont matter if you got the best metal detector on the planet if the silver is pounded then you will need to dig tons of trash signals to get lucky ....id much rather research something small and off pace with what most have pounded for the last 30 years

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
The f75 is a killer silver coin machine. If a machine is good on relics, its great on coins, especially big old LC's and little silver dimes. The f75 is the choice of serious relic hunters because they want a good hot machine for the deep stuff anyway, and any coins that come along are icing on the cake.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver being very conductive, even the older detectors that we started with found silver easy. I remember turning up disc so MD only went off on silver. Didn't want to waste time on the newer clad.

LCrebel

Jun 27, 2011
Just started with the 75-SE and the very first coin I found was a thin holed 1/2 Reale on my 1st outing with the machine. It was only in the 5"-6" range but I was headed back to the car on a fast pace sweeping a old road and it hit on the outer swing. Now I was swinging hard and fast and probably a little sloppy too. This detector is a great relic machine and it will hit on small silver. Check out my June finds in the relic forum. I picked up a 1851 large cent through a dead log laying on the ground in BP mode! She goes deep and sniffs out the good targets in iron.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread