Dirt_Hunter

Jun 1, 2016
Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi guys. I thought I would share a clever way to document/label your coin collection for free. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468290030.311332.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468290057.228440.jpg
Hope you find this useful...

OP
OP
Dirt_Hunter

Dirt_Hunter

Jun 1, 2016
Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The truth is, a coin doesn't have to be worth hundreds of dollars, it just has to mean something to you. Just my two cents. But keep your eyes open, old coins can be found literally anywhere...

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hay Dirt H: is that the normal 2*2 normally found at LCS, or is it some fabrication of a Saran-Wrap material? If its S.Wrap don't use it, over time it will heavily tarnish the coins. Back in the early '60's when I first started folders, I covered some of my dime & cent pages and within a few years the coins were badly tarnished. Just my opinion.

OP
OP
Dirt_Hunter

Dirt_Hunter

Jun 1, 2016
Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, it is just Saran-Wrap. I don't understand how it could tarnish the coins though. Good to know, thanks for your input.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$3 for 100 2X2 flips, use the qtr. size and all your coins will fit nicely--except your Double Eagles, St. Gaudens, 8 Reales and those crummy Morgans. add 3 staples per flip, then rest without worry

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, cheap usually means dangerous to coins. There are chemicals in the saran rap that can react negatively with the coins metal composition. Certain types of paper will do the same. Spend your money wisely and get the flips.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, coin storage products are specifically made with materials that won't damage coins.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put mine into the 2x2 holders, then into the plastic sleeves that hold 16 or 20 coins.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice presentation of your finds!

If I could make a suggestion, purchase 2X2 coin holders from a "fleebay" vendor or local coin dealer and repackage all of your keepers. The plastic wrap over time will harm the coins.

GL & HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread