How is the CRHing in Colorado

moff347

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I will be graduating college in December and there is a very good chance that I will be moving to Colorado.:hello2: I have several feelers out for jobs and such. Anyways, I wanted to know how the CRHing was in the Denver and Colorado Springs area. Average wheats found per box/ war nickles/ buffalos/ and of course sliver dimes and halves. Also, I am assuming that only D mint coins get delivered there since the mint is right there. Is it hard to find Philadelphia coins???? I'm in Texas right now and it has always been harder to find P mint mark coins so just curious. Any information anyone can give would be great.

Oh do the banks there have coin counters, most all in Houston do not and it reallllllyyyyy sucks.

Thanks for the input

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats.gif
on your upcoming graduation moff34!

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Con-gradulations. district 12 is pretty bad from what I hear, just south of CO, someone had an 89 skunk-streak. Although this ain't CRH'n related, colorado is a bad place, If I were you I'd look for employment elsewhere.

OP
OP
moff347

moff347

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, it has to be better than Houston. That's for sure.

George Baldwin

May 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I CRH occasionally. I've done maybe 3 boxes of halves with 5 40%. 1 box of nickels with 1 war time nick. 4 boxes of dimes with only 2 roosies. I also do about a hundred bucks in quarters because I have a coin operated washer and dryer at a small apartment building and I found a 1976 S quarter which is 40%. I have several business accounts with a bank so I have never had problems walking in and getting boxes of coins. Most banks here have coin counters.

Also, I believe 50 Cent might be wrong about Colorado. I believe unemployment is lower here than in other parts of the country. It also has like 3 of the top 100 healthiest cities in America. Good place to live I say.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although this ain't CRH'n related, colorado is a bad place, If I were you I'd look for employment elsewhere.

Hmm... If someone on this forum is from Colorado, then I might imagine they would be offended.. While I am not from Colorado, I have visited many times and even have some friends who live there.. It is certainly an amazing place but I cannot attest to how good it is for CRH... Oh yea.. Make sure you stay away from this kind of stuff when you get there.. This kind of scenery is ugly... Trust me... 50cent told me so...

colorado.jpg

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm... If someone on this forum is from Colorado, then I might imagine they would be offended.. While I am not from Colorado, I have visited many times and even have some friends who live there.. It is certainly an amazing place but I cannot attest to how good it is for CRH... Oh yea.. Make sure you stay away from this kind of stuff when you get there.. This kind of scenery is ugly... Trust me... 50cent told me so...

Lol!

I like visiting Colorado. I've only visited once, but I thought it was beautiful and aside from the fact that I got altitude sickness, it was a good vacation. :)

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Please, living out in the woods and minding one's own self Colorado is one of most beautiful states out there, and if it wasn't for recent laws, a high income tax, and a dumb voter base, it would be a good place to live.

But living there, is another story, you need to deal with scum, druggies, ect, if you decide to have kids, keep in mind they will grow up in a bad environment. just look, they legalized marijuana, a bad drug that should be eradicated not legalized.

Not to mention, its income tax is pretty whack, in terms of states that charge flat income tax (meaning you get taxed, even if you make minimum wage) it falls behind only utah and Massachusetts. Starting out this is a bad thing (4.6% amounts to alot of money over the course of a year), and when you are making money, 4.3% is a big chunk of change. I suggest you move to a state without income tax.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please, living out in the woods and minding one's own self Colorado is one of most beautiful states out there, and if it wasn't for recent laws, a high income tax, and a dumb voter base, it would be a good place to live.

But living there, is another story, you need to deal with scum, druggies, ect, if you decide to have kids, keep in mind they will grow up in a bad environment. just look, they legalized marijuana, a bad drug that should be eradicated not legalized.

Not to mention, its income tax is pretty whack, in terms of states that charge flat income tax (meaning you get taxed, even if you make minimum wage) it falls behind only utah and Massachusetts. Starting out this is a bad thing (4.6% amounts to alot of money over the course of a year), and when you are making money, 4.3% is a big chunk of change. I suggest you move to a state without income tax.

Perhaps certain people realize that there are more important things to consider when moving to an area than just the income tax rate. Also, thank you for providing me with that stereotypical "Darn Liberal Druggies" rant that you did.. I knew you had it in you..

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
State tax bad in CO? Have you been to CA, NY, NJ, MI,DC,MD,PA? Not to mention some states with no income tax like TN have sales taxes of 9.25%. CO is reasonable for state taxes.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
State tax bad in CO? Have you been to CA, NY, NJ, MI,DC,MD,PA? Not to mention some states with no income tax like TN have sales taxes of 9.25%. CO is reasonable for state taxes.

Wasting your time..

OP
OP
moff347

moff347

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I did not intend for this post to become a political debate. I am graduating with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and I am well aware that no matter were I become employed I will be providing for my family, as well as several illegal aliens, and a pot head or two. This is just the way our screwy country works. I simply want to live somewhere where I can just enjoy my life, and Colorado has a piece of my fiance and my heart. I actually proposed to her there. proposal.jpg

To get back to the topic at hand, I am still interested to hear if anyone has any good CRHing experience in the area???

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm across the Rockies to the west in UT and CRHing is just ok- about 1 dime per box avg and halves about 1 40% per every 2-3 boxes I've only found 1 90% in about 20 boxes
Get ready for crappy winter weather- driving in the snow sucks- the mountains are definitely beautiful but I'm ready to get to warmer weather
HH

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up about $10 in CWR cents. Had about 40% copper in it. Sadly, that was the only CRH I was able to do in the short time I was there. Good luck to you and Colorado is awesome!

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't live in CO but I try to spend one week of my 4-week vacation in Denver every winter. There are quite a few high-volume CRHers. So the silver is very very dry. There are many coin counting machines at CUs or Banks. The best coin counting machine I've ever used was in Denver. Tellers are very friendly and the city is very friendly overall. If legalizing pot makes people more friendlier then I am all for it.

George Baldwin

May 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am well aware that no matter were I become employed I will be providing for my family, as well as several illegal aliens, and a pot head or two.

What is up with these political debates on here lately?!?!? Can't we just stick to CRHing. Anyways, no you will not be providing for several undocumented people here in Colorado as they do not qualify for welfare, food stamps, or other state services due to their immigration status. The only folks who qualify are people who are in this country legally. While there are some pot heads that you might 'provide' for, some are becoming business owners with the legalization of the drug in the state.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm assuming you're from the Country of Detroit, 50 cent?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread