Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'v found silver chains with the xs2
but only because i dig everything
the signals were like the worst trash signals ever

it's always easier with a charm attached.

never found a gold chain that i'm aware.
when i find them i take for granted they are
fake as i can't see close enough to look
for marks

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of detectors have difficultly with gold chains because they see only the surface of the links and do not add the up any links to make a mass, the Sov GT included. Silver being more conductive can be easier to respond. Many hunters get upset and swear that their detector can find gold chains without taking into effect the size of the clasp or any pendants or even if some coin was near the chain. Time spent searching for these tiny, scratchy signals can better be spent looking for the "Round" signal. Course when I am bored I tend to dig bird shot signals..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What Sandman said. :icon_thumright:

I have found gold rings, diamond rings, tiny gold and diamond earrings, earring studs, but no necklaces or chains, with my Sovereign GTs, but I lose no sleep over it at all. If it has a large clasp or any pendants on it, I know I would find it, or if it coiled up in a ball I would find it, otherwise I lose no sleep over the chains and necklaces. Most of the chains are thin and hollow and unless they have some gold object attached to them,are of little consequence to me personally....... I am after the gold rings, diamond rings, precious stones, Cartier and Rolex watches. ;D

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
iv found a few but not many.

Attachments

• 18K.jpg
    18K.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 170
  • chain1.jpg
    chain1.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 18K.jpg
    18K.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 175

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Dixie, :icon_thumright:

I know mine would have found the braclet because of the lobster clasp and mounts....Earrings already found and several earring studs. I had to add a special screen at the bottom cornor to catch the stud earrings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread