How long detecting?

How long have you been metal detecting?

• Total voters
C

Copper

Started in 1968 with a White's CoinMaster.

I hunted pretty heavy for several years and then college and work cut me down.

I like to read the stories of those first coin-shooters (50's). I have a homemade BFO detector someone made and it's a work of art. I plan to restore it to working order and try it out. Wonder if it'll beat the Fisher CZ-20 ?? ;D

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
A little over 5 years now. Started with a Bounty Hunter/Radio Shack 3000, moved up to a Garrett GTAx 1250, and now own a White's XLT. Hope to purchase a DFX in the future.

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Wow, I was thinking the most would be in the 5-10 and 15-20 areas. Didn't know there were so many new guys out there. Those are some good numbers to see.

Dudes

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dudes, Haven't you seen that Whites ad , it really pulls. My own story is a sad one. My first detector was bought in 1983, A Whites. Used it about a dozen times. Found one coin and gave up. No one to help you out, No forums on the web, I gave up. Got another Whites detector, after seeing the ad, and started in again with a club. That made the difference. I am now hooked. When I think about the time I wasted 21 years and all the finds not made I get a little sad. Then I look at hat I have found in 1 year and get my grin back.

B

brla

i will never leave it from this work is seems pretty interresting and worth it more

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YUP ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,over 10 years now.......Started with a Garrett ACE,,,,,,graduated to Master HunterCX III, have and still use a Fisher 1212 for back-up......Will start detecting with a buddy this year........Will be nice going with another T.H...........Gonna be a little competition too I guess,,,,,,,,,,, cause he's gotta Whites.......hehehe

Attachments

• funny_animations-aol.gif
    funny_animations-aol.gif
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,358

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over 20,

didn't see this in time to vote.

HH

Lonewolfe

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Started in 97' after reading a Garrett Beach hunting book, I was hooked by just reading the book...... ;)

GL & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

Russ in Ohio

Greenie
Mar 14, 2006
Since '74 when I got a Jetco Treasure Hawk for Christmas. I've owned many machines since of course, some better than others, but still kind of miss that Jetco!

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Comin' up on 6 years. Great hobby. I love it.

backitup83

Jan 24, 2006
Chesapeake Virginia
Detector(s) used
(XLT-x 2 ) )(BH Sharp Shooter 2) (Coinmaster 4000/D series2)(Coinmaster 2/DB series 2)(Discovery 2)(Discovery 1000)
New to the forum but not new to detecting. Started in 1980 in NJ and then on to Florida and then here. I decided I wanted to join a club and was looking on line for a local club and ran across this forum.
Mike

treasure diver

Mar 17, 2006
eastern KY.
I started beachcombing on the treasure coast of Fl. in 1954 but didn't get a detector until around 1962. It is a Compass still have it hanging on the wall. I have replaced it many times over & wish I had my new ones way back then. Wonder what I missed.

Gold Dog

Mar 4, 2007
Southern Md.
Detector(s) used
Tesoros - Stingray 2 / Whites Eagle 2 SL90 / Whites Clacic 3 / Whites 2db
I have detecting sense 1979. I started with a Whites 2db. I still have the machine i started with an it still works. I have made many updates with newer an different machines seance then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread