How Long Will CRH Last

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are here pulling out silver from the circulation system every day. How much is out there still and how long will this thing last. Why I did not start doing this 10 or at least 5 years ago.

I am thinking that if banks send back money to the FED the FED melts the silver to make bullion and it is gone.

Any estimates of how many years we CRH still have. I imagine that through the US there are millions like us.

And I am not talking about CRH for errors, I am talking about composition CRH=The precious metal (silver, gold)

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By my extensive calculations I figure 2.65 years - July 7th 2011 @ 11:36am it will be all gone... >:(
Get what you can now!!!!

50% of the time, I'm right everytime.

:tongue3:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This question also comes up every 2 to 3 weeks... :tard:

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as long as people keep depositing silver coins, that is how long

dp2013

Sep 11, 2008
As long as old people die and leave silver with the estate... as long as criminals break into houses and steal collections...as long as kids are around to pilfer from Dad's dresser drawer...as long as economies tank and people have to raid their stashes to make ends meet-- there will be silver in circulation. Uh, which is about forever.
Unless our Gov't decides to buy up all of the silver to go with it's banks, auto companies and everything else it's buying up.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
judging by the results i have had here lately it is drying up fast. when i first started last year i was pulling 60-80 keepers out a week, now i am lucky to get 10 now.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lately my results have went way up, last three road trips have gotten me tremendous results, almost 500 silvers already this year

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DarthWalker, This CRH thing is the closest to a really random game that I am aware of. Even

though you might think that the silver finds would plummet from year to year , Look at the

numbers L J just posted - there was considerably more found in 2008 than in 2007 .

Finds in say 1970 must have been rediculous. At this seemingly late stage in the game

we find silver due to ignorance on the part of machines , and ignorance on the part of

humans who don't know and /or don't care about composition - Heres to ignorance !

Argentium.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I think if silver ever goes thru the roof, say over $65.00 an ounce or more, it will probably make CRH for strictly silver frustrating once it all gets pulled out by banks, brinks, etc.

At $65 per/oz. a JFK 90% will be worth $23, 40%ers almost $10, dimes almost $5, quarters almost $12, and silver dollars worth $50. And that is just spot, not what some people would pay if the demand was really high. Then you might figure double, as it is right now.

But CRH for collectible coins will go on and on.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, I was born in October of 79. :tongue3:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all!

One thing to remember is the banks don't return money to the fed aand then the fed removes silver. They just don't have the time to do this. My question is, how many bags of old coin are still there warehoused waiting to be released. The more coin we pull out, the more they have to release due to order demands, the closer we get to more silver. Just a thought.

HH
Gib

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
TreasureFiend said:
Nope, I was born in October of 79. :tongue3:
Fiend, I remember - I was in Jr high school, and the finds were just like they are today.....EVERYONE was pulling silver from circ because of the profit to be had (alot more than there is today)
People started hoarding silver coin as soon as they knew it would no longer be produced. I remember wanting to buy as many rolls as I could on a teenager's budget.
I also remember finds similar to today. Silver values plummeted and the supply slowly built back up.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i remember i was in the 6th grade. did not have much money then, but that is when i started coin collecting, and been doing it ever since. i got my birth year mint set that year for christmas (a 1967). still have it today. that is what is so good about this hobby to me. i mean what 41 year old man still has his christmas present from his folks when he was in the the 6th grade? i bet most cant even remember what the present was. i only started coin roll hunting last year. wish i would have started years ago.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i remember....i had just graduated high school and wasn't around much... partying all the time :tard: before i realized what was going on my father sold all his morgans and other silver coins..i really did want to kill him but he needed the money..he said they were melted...i'll have to ask him what he got but i do remember him being disappointed that he only got like $16.00 for a roll of silver dimes....hope he only had roosies in there...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread