How many banks you all hit bank hopping at one time???

engine 823

Dec 27, 2007
Waynesburg, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, ACE 150
Me and my dad are planning to go to one of the largest cities in our state and bank hop for halves!!! I have looked up on the internet and found a list of 160 banks + or - and have printed them off with addresses and phone numbers. I am getting a street map of the city. We plan on going on a friday which is our long bank day and being there when the first bank opens. I feel this will take 5-6 seperate fridays to complete and that is looking them in the car while on the road and using the banks we find with no halves at as our dump banks as we move along.
I hit a suburb of this city with around 12-15 banks the other day and that is where I found my 90 silver halves and proofs etc...
It is on the forum here from the other day if you all what to see it. I may what till I get my taxes back first though.
What you all think????
Good Hunting!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
I say u hit em until u run out of cash, depost non silver and repeat. Do it until the banks close lol. Remember the more you get done in the less amount of time the less gas youll spend and the more profit youll make:-) Keep us updated I am very interested in hearing how you do:-)

-K

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
engine 823 said:
Me and my dad are planning to go to one of the largest cities in our state and bank hop for halves!!! I have looked up on the internet and found a list of 160 banks + or - and have printed them off with addresses and phone numbers. I am getting a street map of the city. We plan on going on a friday which is our long bank day and being there when the first bank opens. I feel this will take 5-6 seperate fridays to complete and that is looking them in the car while on the road and using the banks we find with no halves at as our dump banks as we move along.
I hit a suburb of this city with around 12-15 banks the other day and that is where I found my 90 silver halves and proofs etc...
It is on the forum here from the other day if you all what to see it. I may what till I get my taxes back first though.
What you all think????
Good Hunting!!!!!!!!!

I think the most I have stopped at in a day is around 30-35 banks.

Two things to consider when planning such a trip.

1) cashing in takes time away from your objective on such a trip. I would recommend bringing as much cash as you can afford to bring and plan on cashing in the next day or if you run out along the way.

2) Although Friday is a long bank day, you may stop at less stops because Fridays are busier so each stop will take longer.

OP
OP
engine 823

engine 823

Dec 27, 2007
Waynesburg, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, ACE 150
All Good Points! Well Taken! Like I said may wait till after tax return. My dad has alot more to take than I do right now. About 5 times as much really. Just have to see what tax time brings? Going to do that next week
Good Hunting!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread