How many ebay accounts do you have?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure if this is even really allowed but I have 1 under my name and then one under my wife's. And I'm thinking about using hers for Only high end jewelry listings. She was trying to learn how to use it but gave up on that pretty quickly. I mainly sell something on it so that she can buy make up! Do you think it would be a pain to try to run two accounts full-time? I guess the only benefit is that my feedback is 99.9 and hers is 100%. Of course I have 2800 sales. she has 100, mostly buys.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up to 8 email addresses (eBay accounts) canbe linked to 1 pay pal account. I think you are not supposed to have multiple pay pal accounts, but multiple eBay accounts is OK. I just read into this a few days ago as I was thinking of using another account for buying or for listing higher end items, etc.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I have 1. Same one since 1999. Same username as here. My wife has her own and we don't share well... lol I don't get why anyone would "need" multiple accounts. Can someone explain that to me ?

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
You can have 2 paypal accounts but they have to be linked to different banks and different emails than your first acount.

Not so about the different banks. We have 2 ebay accounts - one for me and one for my wife. We have separate PayPal accounts as well with each one tied to a different email address. However, both PayPal accounts are linked to the same bank checking account. The bank account is our joint checking account.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 1. Same one since 1999. Same username as here. My wife has her own and we don't share well... lol I don't get why anyone would "need" multiple accounts. Can someone explain that to me ?
There are many reasons why users would choose to have more than one eBay account. For example, users who like to buy and sell may want separate accounts for each activity. Other users who maintain businesses on eBay may prefer to manage separate accounts for different product lines.

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Sometimes I buy on eBay to resell the item back on eBay. Buy on one acct. and sell on the other. Then people won't see that you just bought it for $10 and now selling for $50. Not dishonest, just good business sense. No need to divulge your wholesale price. Walmart doesn't tell you how much they pay for their products.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldn't you like to know how many accounts I have.. ha ha... my dirty little secret.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not so about the different banks. We have 2 ebay accounts - one for me and one for my wife. We have separate PayPal accounts as well with each one tied to a different email address. However, both PayPal accounts are linked to the same bank checking account. The bank account is our joint checking account.
I have 2 accounts but they are on different banks. According to Paypal you are supposed to have a separate financial information for each account-
https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/m...ps=solutionPanels&solutionId=12730&isSrch=Yes

[h=3]Can I have multiple PayPal accounts?[/h]
Yes. You can have one Personal account and one Premier or Business account. You can add more email addresses, debit or credit cards, and bank accounts to your account, but each account must have its own email address and financial information. You can also upgrade your Personal account to a Premier or Business account.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see absolutely no benefit to it. It would be different if it was a different type of business, one that could grow independent of you, but since it can't and you're going to be doing exactly the same thing just in different places, it makes no sense.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I sell and buy all with the same account. I bought an item that I had problems with and contacted the seller. He got rude and basically told me to take a hike and refused to make a refund. I had to open a case with ebay. He sent more rude messages. Ebay sided with me and the seller actually got some sort of actions against him from ebay. I left the seller negative feedback and went on about my business. As I print shipping labels to send out my recent sales, I notice one is going to the same city that I bought that item from the rude seller from. I checked on it, and sure enough, he bought the cheapest thing I had for sale just so he could leave me negative feedback. Before I ever shipped it, he had already left bad feedback. I contacted ebay and let them know, they took the feedback off and canceled the sale. The buyer then promises me that he will leave me bad feedback one way or another. A while later, I see another sale going to the same town, but from a different person and account. We contact ebay again, and sure enough, that account was newly created and linked to the same person. Lots of hassle and headache. All of it could have been avoided if I used one account to buy, and a different one to sell. There are other reasons as well.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I am thinking about setting up a second account for selling some low end items of $5 to $7.

Most of these items would ship first class mail, using a single 49 cent stamp.

if I sell too many of these items, I would put myself at risk of losing my TRS status, since 90% of all shipments have to be uploaded with tracking.

I have a stack of these items right now, all selling for $5.49...and flying off the shelf at that price....but I am slowly relisting them so I can maintain that 90%.

I am also thinking about using a second account to list a few items with a no return policy, since that isn't allowed under the TRS program.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking about setting up a second account for selling some low end items of $5 to $7.

Most of these items would ship first class mail, using a single 49 cent stamp.

if I sell too many of these items, I would put myself at risk of losing my TRS status, since 90% of all shipments have to be uploaded with tracking.

I have a stack of these items right now, all selling for $5.49...and flying off the shelf at that price....but I am slowly relisting them so I can maintain that 90%.

I am also thinking about using a second account to list a few items with a no return policy, since that isn't allowed under the TRS program.

This seems like a good idea. Probably alot of the coins or stamps I have could be mailed this way. I forget to check the account though... Probably not good!

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two accounts, one private for my detecting finds(when I can find something) and one for my business, both are linked to the same paypall account which I have registered with two separate email addresses, in case one gets corrupt.

SS

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only have one, and that is only because I don't have the time to have two. I certainly would if I had the time!
apush

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only have one, but several years ago we bought several totes of stuff from nudist resorts from all the country. I have had great success when listing these things, but some buyers have also been offended. If I had another account i could unload this stuff quicker and hopefully not offend anyone. These are not pictures or anything of that nature, but coffee cups, event fliers, pens & pencils, coozies, etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread