jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sell, when I get at least an ounce of gold, & when I get too many of some items, or when someone asks for a particular item I found.? ? ? ? I do keep records of What & how much, I got for Them. it gos on the list of What & where I found them, as an update................. I only wish I would have taken Pics of them all.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a collector,not a seller.Anything I find that is unusual,I research to find out more about it.Kind of like an amateur Arkie,oh excuse me(you know who I mean) ARCHEOLOGIST!I collect many things and I don't dig them all out of the ground either.One day when i'm 80 (God willing)and living off of S.S. that won't exist anymore,maybe i'll start selling things off in order to buy groceries :-[.Until then I will continue to collect and research my finds.Have a nice day!H.H.

C

czman

Four times a year I sell all my finds off at the fle market...no records...HH...Don

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
I haven't found any thing that I would call a " Higher Value Item" with a metal detector yet so I haven't sold any. I do also collect & trade antique firearms & collectabels. That is a different story but not really related to the question. I will however, be most pleased when I do find some " Higher Value Items" but all of my detecting finds are treasure to me so I don't know about selling. Spotz

jeremiah212

Jan 23, 2005
kahnawake, Quebec Canada
nothing i find is for sale..i wanna build huge collectiong of gold and silver rings and coins..i'l then build a authentic looking treasure chest and fill er up..an it will be displayed in my living room..

maybe some day when 'm an old man if i haven't sold it i'l bury it and create a riddle and clues like on "National Treasure" and i'll post it on all the bb's and you can all go after it :D!
lol

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well HURRY UP & FILL IT & BECOME AN OLD MAN BEFORE I DO ;D

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
No, can't sell them yet. Have to find all of the lost coins in circulation, uhh, or out of circulation. Then I will take over the world currency market and you will all be using only Timmy Tokens for commerce. Yep I am a future villain on in a James Bond story.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Still working on my impenetrable zinc exoskeleton.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just getting started and plan to photograph everything and keep photos regardless if I sell any of them or not. I think I would be inclined to sell jewelry itms but I have a keen interest in history and probably would keep any artifacts I fnd, possibly donate them to local museum so all could enjoy. Not sure, just haven't found enough things yet. JIM

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
As a matter of fact I do sell my items. But only the Pull Tabs. Anyone want to buy some? They're only used once. I wish someone would start a market for them because I haven't sold a single one yet and have a whole closet full of pull tabs. Maybe I should put them on ebay?
Just teasin'. I keep everything, I throw the pull tabs away.
xXx

1171HP

Dec 8, 2004
SW MO
Question. I've found an 1865 IH. How does a person tell if it is a "die" variety much less one that has not been discovered? Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread