How many Long Islanders here?

headchef1971

Aug 25, 2012
im from suffolk county babylon long island. i just joined this site and am very pleased by the knowledge this forum has. ive been reading so many posts and have learned so much by the few days ive been here. its nice to meet you all. i will thank everyone now because i have alot of questions.

shawngrey16

Aug 22, 2012
New York(fornow)
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
headchef1971 said:
im from suffolk county babylon long island. i just joined this site and am very pleased by the knowledge this forum has. ive been reading so many posts and have learned so much by the few days ive been here. its nice to meet you all. i will thank everyone now because i have alot of questions.

Does anyone know where a good spot is ? I'm down to do some
Hunting this weekend if someone else is.
Just dot feel like going by myself.
I don't have a metal detector yet but i want to
Buy one. But I'm down for whatever if you just wanna go
Search

Oct 30, 2012
Seaford
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm new to here too....and from Seaford but moving to Islip in a few months. Hope everyone is doing well after Sandy.

vtgoldprospector

Jun 27, 2012
Eastern Long Island
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, my hands and a pan!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some areas got hammered a bit and power is sorta back. We had just enough time to clean up some before the next storm. I managed to take this during Sandy when I was rescuing someone. The house was surrounded by several feet of water. I have a few other storm related vids too. Enjoy.

sanddigger

Mar 25, 2012
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
beach hunter 300
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi, I was in ( Smithtown ,New York ) for 30 years, but after I Lost my wife of 30 years , I Went to New Post Riches F.L. came Back in 2012 and I an in ( Brentwood New York. aka Joe .

Oct 30, 2012
Seaford
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I JUST got my power back from Sandy on Sunday....was without it for 2 weeks! YIKES!

eyepatch

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2012
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holbrook here. Fairly new to the MD game, but having fun thus far. No real luck yet....

Pab, sorry to hear about LB. I have a good friend that lives out there, helped him gut his basement. Tragic..

vtgoldprospector

Jun 27, 2012
Eastern Long Island
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, my hands and a pan!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
what is your preferred pleasure? I'm always looking for prospecting company for weekend trips to VT in the summer. I have full accommodations in northern VT and an RV/camper spot near Keene right on the border.

USPSman

Tenderfoot
May 31, 2014
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2, MineLab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer, Dr. OTek digging tools.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Centereach here. This is my first post! I hope some of you will look in and get this forum going again. My machine has been put away for a few years since I got it but it's itching to come out again. If anyone wants to go out just give me a holler.

John

OP
OP
L

longislandpirate

Apr 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
At Pro, Fisher CZ-20, XP Deus
I do my beach hunting at Jones Beach ( Permit Needed) and my other hunting i hit some random parks and schools. I usually stay fairly close to my area. (Plainedge)

Jun 18, 2014
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305

Whites Dual Pro Surf PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been going to Jones too ( permit purchased ). If you would like to meet up I'm off on Tuesdays. I go early in the morning.

Don57

Feb 7, 2009
Lindenhurst NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 6T / Prizm 9" Spider Coil / Prizm Mini DD Coil / Garretts Pro Pointer / Lesche trowel
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm in Huntington. Just curious, where do my fellow Islanders like to hunt? ( locally that is )

I'm south of you in the Babylon area . I've been to a few good spots in the Huntington area . There is a big park with an ice rink on Vanderbilt Pkwy just east of DPA . I have had luck up in the back part of the park . There's another nice park on Sweet Hollow Rd called West Hills , there are alot of trails that has produced quite a few coins and a couple of old tokens for me . Huntington is old , so hit the school yards and the parks . Hit the beaches that are on the LI Sound too . I'm sure it will be worth your time .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread