How many of you hunt based on mood/time?

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just curious if any of you pick what type of coin you are going to hunt depending on mood or time? I do at times. If I know I am going to be sitting around watching a hockey game all night I might get nickels because they are more time consuming, little time I do dimes and rim check, medium time I do halves because I face check for proofs etc.. Extreme time and I'll look for errors. Only done two boxes of quarters, did find one silver in there but they are cumbersome to dump. It seems some of you are specifically silver rim check folks, some far more detailed with checking for errors, just wondering if you always stick to your guns or vary your selection a bit? Happy hunting guys and gals, tomorrow is a new day and the banks are open!!

Upvote 0

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I 100% CRH based on my mood and time. If I have lots of time I get boxes. If I have just an hour or so I will get my usual of $100 in dimes, $20 in nickels and $5 in pennies

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I have boxes of halves I get on a regular basis. Beyond that I'll get rolls of dimes, nickels, and quarters based on my mood and/or time. Cents only occasionally; I think they're contributing to my arthritis.

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get regular boxes of halves at 2 banks. When I get a wild hair I go for dimes or nickels. I have a hard time seeing the dimes because my eyesight stinks. The nickels are easier because I just look for the mint mark on the back over the monument or anything that isn't a Jefferson front...Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread