How many times do you snap?

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you got sniped bad recently, give us the full story!

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I feel you dawg- these teller's do not have proper customer training now-a-days, and lack alot of respect. teller's now a days, are just standing all over the bank, they should be behind the counter first of all. I think they'd just slap you back or punch you if you did that. really, people need to start calling tellers out, and ask for a little more R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

If teller's keep this up, we CRH-ers are gonna need to start traveling in teams. They think they can boss you around cause you are just 1 person to them.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly it hasn't happened to me yet, I even had a teller a few weeks ago say "I've got a silver half" and hand me a '64. first time at that bank. I've been doing great with teller tray 40%s around here as well, they don't seem to care about 'em at all.

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple weeks ago I was making a deposit and the teller had two Ike's sitting on top of her tray. After completing the transaction I politely asked if I may buy them. With the rudest tone she said "Nope, you can't have them." WTH, I'm not one to expect a teller to give them to me but if you are keeping them, take it out of plain sight.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Kill them with kindness.
Yep. Getting pissed and throwing a fit like a little kid just gets you laughed at. When banks piss me off, I make sure there's ramifications by going over their heads.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is yall's approach while walking into the bank? What is the lines you use? I'm very curious on getting the correct lines that reap the biggest payouts..right now I just tell them i'm looking for half dollars. Some are rude to me others think i'm trying to hustle them or something and then the ones i like the most are the young tellers that seem to want to give you as much as they have and are excited to do so. I noticed some tellers are really cranky in the early morning, which makes sense. Any insight?

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is yall's approach while walking into the bank? What is the lines you use? I'm very curious on getting the correct lines that reap the biggest payouts..right now I just tell them i'm looking for half dollars. Some are rude to me others think i'm trying to hustle them or something and then the ones i like the most are the young tellers that seem to want to give you as much as they have and are excited to do so. I noticed some tellers are really cranky in the early morning, which makes sense. Any insight?

Do you shower before you go out roll hunting....:laughing7:

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just say "Hi, how ya doin'. Do you have any of the rolls that customers wrap and bring in? I like to search through them." Then as they're getting them out, "you don't have any halves or large dollar coins do you?"

Easy as pie. Small talk is ok in tiny doses, don't annoy them. I usually say something that pertains to their day, I never start talking about myself since they would probably not care. Maybe just a little "you guys been busy today?".

this is for banks that I've never been to before or sporadically go to. Of course my main banks we're on a first name basis and more small talk is generally involved. I never, ever, ever show any anger, frustration, or disrespect at a bank no matter what happens. If you don't like the tellers, just don't go back to that bank. Tellers know others in the business and pretty soon you'll start getting the cold shoulder at other branches too.

'Em I still like your style though

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just say "Hi, how ya doin'. Do you have any of the rolls that customers wrap and bring in? I like to search through them." Then as they're getting them out, "you don't have any halves or large dollar coins do you?"

Easy as pie. Small talk is ok in tiny doses, don't annoy them. I usually say something that pertains to their day, I never start talking about myself since they would probably not care. Maybe just a little "you guys been busy today?".

this is for banks that I've never been to before or sporadically go to. Of course my main banks we're on a first name basis and more small talk is generally involved. I never, ever, ever show any anger, frustration, or disrespect at a bank no matter what happens. If you don't like the tellers, just don't go back to that bank. Tellers know others in the business and pretty soon you'll start getting the cold shoulder at other branches too.

'Em I still like your style though

Wonderful tips!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
and by snap I mean get to the point where you almost wanna slap a tella?
Dawg,
Happens to me all da time. tellas be wack dawg taken my stacks

they have classes you know, to help with thaty type of anger problem. Maybe you should look into them. It can't hurt. :-) Good luck to you.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they have classes you know, to help with thaty type of anger problem. Maybe you should look into them. It can't hurt. :-) Good luck to you.

I completely agree, no offense to the above poster..I think you should have the same mentality as if you were ordering food from a restaurant, you don't want to tick the waitress off, otherwise they will spit in your food, same goes for tellers..Its just respect yall, some people just need to learn how to treat others right. It doesn't mean your a wimp it means you are a man and you are mature one. If you are kind you will have a much better experience hands down!

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other

Heck noes, the teller's get furious if you would suggest such a thing to them. They'd deny it, and act like you are the one with the problem. I highly suggest, not recommending to a teller to take such classes.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Heck noes, the teller's get furious if you would suggest such a thing to them. They'd deny it, and act like you are the one with the problem. I highly suggest, not recommending to a teller to take such classes.

I think jrf30 was talking to Eminem.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Any time I can't get through to a teller on what a hand rolled means. I use every term I have come across in the last 3 years and still have problems.

One time I lost it , a teller said to me he would have to get the manager so I said to him " are you kidding me ? You work in a bank and don't know the difference between the coins the armored car delivers and the coins an old lady rolls up and gives you?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions