How many Washington state mders here?

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Bremerton. Just getting back into it after a hiatus of nearly a decade. Prior to that, I did some relic hunting around old homesteads. My old Tesoro did pretty good on the relics, so we'll see how it does on coins and jewelry.

I'm new to Bremerton but I've been doing my homework and I'm quite fortunate in that one of my coworkers is an old-timer who was born and raised here, and is good for "boots on the ground" intel from the sixties on. He's already helped me quite a bit in determining where not to go, as some of the obvious local spots have been built up, graded down, or were even former Superfund sites that have had most of the surface soil removed and replaced in the past. He's also passed on a few pointers that the history books didn't contain - old schools that were removed in the seventies on land that's still public, where certain business used to be, etc. I've got a few leads now that aren't too obvious and may actually be virgin.

In the meantime, I'm going to focus on private property - no concerns about vague laws and such, and since most of West Bremerton predates WWII, I'm sure that there are things to find. I'd really like to get out to Seabeck though, as it's a much older town with an arguably wilder past than Bremerton's. (But make no mistake about that: whatever you think about Bremerton now, it was a pretty crazy and dangerous place in the early twentieth century. Were they only to tear up some of those parking lots for a few days...)

Saturday will be the first day back in the saddle. I'll let you all know how it goes, but I have a good feeling about it. My friend (the owner) tells me that the property has remained in the same family since 1935; it's in Charleston way back by Forest Ridge, so the lot size is quite a bit larger than what we have over in Bremerton proper. It's been well-maintained and is nice and clear. The previous owners had a reputation for fastidiousness, so while there may not be any treasure troves there, I'm hoping that the trash content is smaller than what I normally deal with.

In the four years that I've been living here, I don't recall seeing a single person with a metal detector. Is it not a popular thing around here, or do I just not get out enough? I don't recall having seen any back in Silverdale when I lived there either, and I was there for the better part of a decade.

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got some family over in Silverdale and have always had intentions of detecting the area. It just hasn't happened. I'm over here in Renton so I only make it over there if I have a reason. It's kind of outta the way. Lol

alb1

Jan 15, 2014
Weselberg, Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Ctx 3030, my favorite E-Trac & NEL Tornado. Garrett Carrot, (Previously, MXT PRO with D2 and SEF 10x12 coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lakewood, Wa

Kamikaze

Feb 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Longview... Not much here. Dug most of the parks and river beds.

gromley

Apr 5, 2014
Lacey, WA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lacey. Back from deployment and looking for some places to break out my metal detector and gold pans. Any suggestions on areas or local groups?

MarsTyr

Apr 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tacoma any one want to go to Fort Steilacoom or any where around Tacoma or Puyallup and metal detect... text 706-580-5054

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
[gromely said:
Lacey. Back from deployment and looking for some places to break out my metal detector and gold pans. Any suggestions on areas or local groups?[/COLOR]
Keep an eye on the club tread, we are trying to get something going in the Oly/Lacey/Thurston County area. I just got a new hip (Thanks Tricare/Madigan), so we may get together starting around June. The first get together idea is to just meet up someplace that can be detected, and do some show and tell of gear.
Glad your back safe.
SFC 14S retired.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/clubs-hunts-washington/219861-olympia-needs-start-club-2.html

Sshebba

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2010
Ephrata, WA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 300 & Whites Prism II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spanaway, WA here. Would love any info on good areas to hunt near/around my town.

bigfokkerdog

Jul 22, 2013
Tumwater, WA
Detector(s) used
Traded up from a Garrett ACE 350 to an ATPro with a Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking to start hunting again, but don't want to do it alone this time. I am in Chehalis area.

I'm in olympia and try to get out at least once a week. I have Thursday, Friday and Saturday off

timemachine

Apr 8, 2015
Seattle
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000 / Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Right now, I am in Seattle but am generally north of here. Anyone going out this weekend?

Biblescholar

Mar 10, 2015
Lacey Wa
Detector(s) used
Fortune Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not far from Lacey I am researching old logging towns are you very active in the "sport"? I'm pretty new.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread