Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose....well me son they say necessity is the mother of invention and ...well..I never knew Navy Davy had a mother. Thought he was made up from spare parts from the galley on a ship. Shocking!

Anyway on wid it youz. So how can margarine help in your detecting?

Take the empty containers and recylce them to aid in coin cleaning. ND came up with this brain storm (more like a brain hurricane). Take a large margarine container then a small one like Becel (wish I got royalties fur dis un) and in the smaller tub cut holes in the bottom that will allow the grit in your rock tumbler barrel to fall through with the dirty water but holes not large enough for your coins to escape. Shake the large container that houses all the coins and grit vigorously (not too be confused with taking Viagara me son for that would make it too hard to do)then remove the smaller tub wid all da coins from inside the bigger un youz. Now take an ordinary kitchen strainer and drain the water from the larger tub where ever your heart desires and all the grit or aquarium gravel will remain in the strainer.
P5290008.jpg

P5290004.jpg

P5290006.jpg

P5290007.jpg

P5290009.jpg

No more picking out each coin from the gravel. Another innovative product from the research lab of "The Bluenoser's with too much time on their hands."

THingfool

Feb 7, 2009
NE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,1280-x,Cortes, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Boy, wish this would have been posted before Christmas. :laughing7: I got a tumbler for Christmas and spent a week doing all my coins that had accumulated. Sure looks easy getting the grit off. Thanks. :thumbsup: HH.

Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread