How may tellers are CRHunters in this forum? Great Job they have.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

midntmn

Dec 15, 2011
one of the 13 colonies
Primary Interest:
Other
When I first started doing this a few years ago, many tellers did not even know what a half dollar looked like, let alone a silver one. That is no longer the case, and many have told me they will buy the silver coin for themselves if they are turned into them. I am pretty sure we have helped to educate them on the value of a silver coin.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Darth Walker said:
I imagine my self going to a bank to ask for half's and a teller telling me, " we do not Gav any half's"
and this teller that also happens to be a CRH is putting all the silver half's in his bottom jar to buy them at the end of the day. How Clad Head I would look.

Darth Walker

I am trying to get a part time job at a bank as we speak so I can have easier access to ordering boxes and easier access to deposited halves etc.

Dinero2005

Dec 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not a teller but a loan officer/personal banker. The job does make it convenient to have access to whatever I want. As far as tellers go I'd say a large percentage of them are college students and aren't all that concerned about collecting. I assure you that most are fully aware of what's what though. It's their job to know money. My tellers know I collect so they're always looking out for me. I had one bring me a Rosie the other day.

I have to deal with a lot of crazies but the job does have it's perks.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Dinero;

"I have to deal with a lot of crazies but the job does have it's perks. "

We must have met. :laughing7:

Keep on Rollin' !

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Most tellers may be educated now, but they were dumb as a box of rocks when I first started.
My wife is a teller/LO and I remember walking into the CU that first day, almost all of their trays were loaded with 40's and a few 90's. They were clueless, I bought 'em out. Many banks were that way (the days of $9 oz).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions