How much are silver halves worth?

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
I was told that silver is paying 6X face value of the coin. As for the clad silver, I'm not sure-I think a halve is around $1.00- $1.05 each. I wouldn't pay anyone to search coins for me,as I quite enjoy it and I basically trust myself to examine each carefully for any flaws,errors,proofs, etc... If I were to sell mine, and I paid someone to search them, then my profic would be diminished. I can do well all by myself, and personally I don't trust very many people. Who's to say the people you would hire wouldn't keep some of them.

OP
OP
F

FredMaxwell

Pennyworth said:
I was told that silver is paying 6X face value of the coin.? As for the clad silver, I'm not sure-I think a halve is around $1.00- $1.05 each.? I wouldn't pay anyone to search coins for me,as I quite enjoy it and I basically trust myself to examine each carefully for any flaws,errors,proofs, etc...? ?If I were to sell mine, and I paid someone to search them, then my profic would be diminished.? I can do well all by myself, and personally I don't trust very many people.? Who's to say the people you would hire wouldn't keep some of them.

I see I see
I wouldn't let anyone steal my coins.
That would make me so very angry and mad since I don't like crooks.

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
To calculate the melt value of 40% silver halves simply multiply the going rate for 90% silver halves by 0.444.

Example: if a dealer is paying 6X face a 90% silver half is worth $3 and a 40% silver half is worth $1.33.

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, ahhh, nostalgia! If you guys only knew how much silver was going to go up in the next 6 years...

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey man stop dredging up threads from years ago, i mean come on it's bad enough you paints halves and brag about it. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey man stop dredging up threads from years ago, i mean come on it's bad enough you paints halves and brag about it. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Nothing wrong with commenting on an old post. If it was an issue, the mods would lock the old posts after a certain timeframe. As per painting halves, I think you are mistaking me with another member. I think painting is a big waste of time IMO.

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Couple days ago hotrod was commenting "nice" and a bunch old posts and some people lost their minds. The mods came in and said there's nothing wrong with it. I thought you found a real good post from the archives. It made me laugh.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The thread is as topical as when it was started in '06. Silver has been growing faster than gold.... check out the 10 year history. Silver is a better bet than gold. TTC

Last edited:

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver is currently where gold was 40 years ago. In 40 years is silver going to be at $1,800 per ounce?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread