How much are you selling your scrap gold for?

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
I get 90-92% depending what I barter/banter for I northern Cali. Found a real good place who always has cool stuff to barter for and doesn't low ball.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe it or not when I used to sell my scrap I would sell it on ebay and most of the time I would get just above or right below 100% melt before fees of course, so figure 80-85% on the low end. I also always started my scrap gold auctions at .99 no reserve. I was never disappointed. I sold at least a dozen small lots this way. It's been 2-3 years though. I used to sell my silver the same way (before prices dropped) until I listed a Tiffany cigarette box and it sold for about 70% of scrap value. Luckily the guy didn't pay and I got out of it. I still have the box.

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NTR metals pays 98%, no assay fee, usually takes 20 mins. and you're out of there with a check

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NTR metals pays 98%, no assay fee, usually takes 20 mins. and you're out of there with a check

Have you ever had them make you a gold bar out of the scrap? I'm tempted to get 1 done. Through ara refinery. How many grams of 14k to make a 1 oz .999 bar? Like 50?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. there are a couple locations down here in the tri county area. They are open to the general public aren't they? Not just commercial buyers and sellers?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever had them make you a gold bar out of the scrap? I'm tempted to get 1 done. Through ara refinery. How many grams of 14k to make a 1 oz .999 bar? Like 50?
53.16 grams of 14k for a troy ounce of pure, if my calculations are right.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
53.16 grams of 14k for a troy ounce of pure, if my calculations are right.

Thanks... It's tempting! And would prevent selling little by little...I wonder if they charge, I may have to call tomorrow, after Friday morning shopping!

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I get 80%. The other places I've tried have offered as low as 50%. I do sometimes smile and ask them for a little more, which they usually do.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow that is great. I looked at site and they have a lot of locations. I saw details about the process and payment options which seem simple and flexible. I did not see anything about payment rate. Does it vary? Do you need to turn in a certain amount to get that payment?

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only used the one in los angeles and they like you to have at least an ounce

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get 91% on any amount I take. Cash payment up to 5,000 at least. I did some research and found a place in NYC that pays 98%... But for me to travel 5/6 hours I'd need to take at minimum 3 to 4 Troy ounces..I'm totally happy with 91% and cash in hand when I scrap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
My new residence is fairly close to ARA in Dallas, I just took them all my jewelry a couple of weeks ago. Was paid 98% spot for my gold, no assay fees, and I think 90% for my silver but I'm not too sure on that one. I didn't give them much but I was very happy with their customer service, they were super nice, wanted to give me a tour of the place but I had a meeting to be at, I think I'll take that tour the next time I drop some stuff off.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My new residence is fairly close to ARA in Dallas, I just took them all my jewelry a couple of weeks ago. Was paid 98% spot for my gold, no assay fees, and I think 90% for my silver but I'm not too sure on that one. I didn't give them much but I was very happy with their customer service, they were super nice, wanted to give me a tour of the place but I had a meeting to be at, I think I'll take that tour the next time I drop some stuff off.

After selling scrap gold on eBay I just sent them 10 grams this week. So I'll see how that goes~ I'm in a position to get a decent amount. But I always want to hoard it. It's tough being a new family at the moment. My paycheck wouldn't even cover daycare for the month. Finding a job in my trade without traveling all over the state wasn't worth it either. I may pick up 2nd shift somewhere for awhile. But I'm hoping ARA works out- i don't want to sell, but it's hard to keep it all at this point in my life.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very happy! Just sold a gold necklace, for $34/ gram online! Glad I didn't send that in!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread