How much is a full box?

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The boxes I get are $500/1000 halves. I have never seen a $1000 box. I have seen $1000 bag but not box.

I could not handle a $1000 box. It takes me two trips now to get two boxes to my car and two trip to return the rejects.

OP
OP
A

Arogers

Jun 20, 2007
lejeuene said:
The boxes I get are $500/1000 halves. I have never seen a $1000 box. I have seen $1000 bag but not box.

I could not handle a $1000 box. It takes me two trips now to get two boxes to my car and two trip to return the rejects.

That's a lot of heavy lifting! I'll ask her to double-check. I'm pretty sure it's a Loomis user.

kestrelia

May 9, 2007
Lejeuene, you should consider getting a cart. I have a cart suitable for music equipment or luggage that lets me handle 8 or 9 coin boxes with ease. I think it has saved me lots of time and my back has appreciated it.

B

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother's bank in Wisconsin will only order a minimum of $1000 for him and they come in a bag. I've not seen a $1000 box either.
BTW....don't let LJ fool you. It may take her 2 trips when she picks them up but it only takes her 1 trip to take them back. That's because she can keep half of the stuff she gets. ;D ;D

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
My brother's bank in Wisconsin will only order a minimum of $1000 for him and they come in a bag. I've not seen a $1000 box either.
BTW....don't let LJ fool you. It may take her 2 trips when she picks them up but it only takes her 1 trip to take them back. That's because she can keep half of the stuff she gets. ;D ;D

That's funny PB.....I wish that were the case....lol. Since I started this hobby in late January, my arms are starting to look like Popeye's arms.....ha! Wanna arm wrestle??

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LJ,

You should have a picture of just your arms below your avatar. Then we will know not to mess with ya! :D

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arogers said:
lejeuene said:

That's a lot of heavy lifting! I'll ask her to double-check. I'm pretty sure it's a Loomis user.

I was talking with my new source bank (also a Loomis user) and was told $1000 was smallest order. When I asked further, the head teller thinks it will be a box. I'm pretty sure it is a bag, but we should see next Thursday/Friday.

OP
OP
A

Arogers

Jun 20, 2007
Crap. I was hoping to get away with a box for $500. I guess I'll have to call around to other banks today!

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arogers said:
Crap. I was hoping to get away with a box for $500. I guess I'll have to call around to other banks today!

If you can swing the $1000, you should go for it. Free source banks are almost as hard to find as dumps. Plus, the supply is getting smaller by the day. I also like to send some out in the wild (spend them), just for the looks and excitement it generates. I'm also convinced it knocks some out of collections (people get enough to make a $10 roll with what was being saved or just they remember they have them tucked away somewhere).

It will only take 10 dump banks (Most banks don't get mad if you keep it under $100 a week) to dispose. Hopefully a lot less (like LJ ;D).

Good luck.

OP
OP
A

Arogers

Jun 20, 2007
Sheldius said:
Arogers said:

If you can swing the $1000, you should go for it. Free source banks are almost as hard to find as dumps. Plus, the supply is getting smaller by the day. I also like to send some out in the wild (spend them), just for the looks and excitement it generates. I'm also convinced it knocks some out of collections (people get enough to make a $10 roll with what was being saved or just they remember they have them tucked away somewhere).

It will only take 10 dump banks (Most banks don't get mad if you keep it under $100 a week) to dispose. Hopefully a lot less (like LJ ;D).

Good luck.

I'm new to CRH, and wife won't let me swing it. lol

I was planning on dumps of $100 a bank per week. The free source bank is easy for me. Never getting a fee there. I could also dump about $250 a week in their counter without them getting mad, but it can't be halves. I may do boxes of dimes and quarters here and there.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with the spending part, but for a different reason. I have seen quite a few people buy the halves that I just spent. Why? Most of them are saving them for their kids or grandkids. I love hearing that because then I know that they are taken out of circulation and I will not get them again. The more I get taken out of circulation here means the further the supplier of the boxes will have to go to continue supplying the bank, hopefully freeing up some silver that is in the older boxes. It seems to work for me anyways, as I have been using the same bank to buy boxes for several years and I am still getting silver. Not as much as I use to, but enough to keep me interested.

OP
OP
A

Arogers

Jun 20, 2007
coincollector101 said:
I Change in about 5 to 10 thousand a week, 2 k to play with I go get coins look at them and take them back :D

CC

Are you taking them in loose? If so, they don't care at all? You take them to a bank where you have accts I assume?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread