how much is a gold bar in the market today

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Depends on the size of the gold bar. Some "bars" are as small as snickers candy-bar sized, while others are the size of bricks.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
As "Tom in CA" wrote above, gold bars come in many different sizes, with most ranging from 1 gram to 10 oz. Larger bars exist, but those are mostly held by governments and central banks as opposed to private individuals. Gold bars, in general, are smaller/lighter than silver bars.The larger the bar you purchase, the less the premium over the spot price of gold. A 1 oz gold bar will have less of a premium/ounce than a 1 gram gold bar, making the larger bars more attractive for gold investors. However, some customers prefer the smaller bars as they are easier to “piece out” if you only want to sell a portion of your gold.
The most popular size of gold bar is the 1 oz variety, followed closely by the 1 and 10 gram sizes. All three sizes of the bar are extremely common and liquid, so investors will never have a problem buying or selling the bars.
Typical pricing ( and the source of my comment) can be found here: Buy Gold Bars Online with Free Shipping | JM Bullion?
Don.......

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
...... Larger bars exist, but those are mostly held by governments and central banks as opposed to private individuals. ......

But .... of course .... the size bars in any good treasure lore story, are certain to be the brick sized ones. As we all know, he ? :3barsgold: :tchest: :thumbsup:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The standard gold bar traded internationally by banks and bullion dealers is the "Good Delivery" bar, with a 400 oz (troy-ounce) (12.4 kg or 438.9 ounces) nominal weight.
Today's spot price of gold at 3pm EST is
$1364.80 So that would be around $545,920.00

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The standard gold bar traded internationally by banks and bullion dealers is the "Good Delivery" bar, with a 400 oz (troy-ounce) (12.4 kg or 438.9 ounces) nominal weight.
Today's spot price of gold at 3pm EST is
$1364.80 So that would be around $545,920.00

I'll take two,, lol

OP
OP
B

bulletprobe

Jun 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the gold bars i am talking about those size like of a bricks bar how much is those bricks size god bar in the market today my friends

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The gold stored in the Fort Knox Depository is in the form of standard mint bars of almost pure gold or coin gold bars resulting from the melting of gold coins. These bars are about the size of an ordinary building brick, but are somewhat smaller. The approximate dimensions are 7 x 3-5/8 x 1-3/4 inches. The fine gold bars contain approximately 400 troy ounces of gold. The avoirdupois weight of the bars is about 27-1/2 pounds. By doing the math, based on the current price of gold, will give you the value of that sized bar.
Don....

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but this thread is a joke. No pics, no clue as to purity, no weight... It's like me asking "how many fingers am I holding up"

Ohh, OHH, I know!! It's one! but I'm not going to guess which one!!!:laughing7:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry but this thread is a joke. No pics, no clue as to purity, no weight... It's like me asking "how many fingers am I holding up"

:laughing7: So, how many fingers am - I - holding up? 8-)

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
the gold bars i am talking about those size like of a bricks bar how much is those bricks size god bar in the market today my friends

Ok, let me guess: You know where a cave is, that got a bunch of these bricks stacked like cordwood, right ? A treasure lead that's iron-clad bullet-proof true, certain to be plush with brick-sized gold bars. Right ?

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Ok, let me guess: You know where a cave is, that got a bunch of these bricks stacked like cordwood, right ? A treasure lead that's iron-clad bullet-proof true, certain to be plush with brick-sized gold bars. Right ?

Spot on!

Attachments

• Trolling.gif
    Trolling.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 44

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
In another post of his, he reveals the source of his knowledge of this treasure lead: A psychic. Well that does it. No more reason to doubt the validity/existence of this treasure lead. It's most definitely there. Eh ?

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
In another post of his, he reveals the source of his knowledge of this treasure lead: A psychic. Well that does it. No more reason to doubt the validity/existence of this treasure lead. It's most definitely there. Eh ?

He also knows the location of the John Swift Silver Mines.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions