cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Drew61

Feb 23, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but odds are very low to be diamond, what makes you think they are diamonds, did you test them with a diamond tester that can tell you if they are real diamonds, Cubic Zirconia, or synthetic diamond? Odds are very high they are CZ.

The total diamond weight most times would be stamped on the inside of the ring.
Diamond tester

Drew61

Feb 23, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this online after finding the ring, nearly an exact match. I wish all diamond rings had the ct weight on them. I haven’t found one yet with that information on it. I take mine to a local jeweler for their best guess at weight and value.

Attachments

• 4D6A8383-311A-4025-ADE9-9BB292B18A94.png
    4D6A8383-311A-4025-ADE9-9BB292B18A94.png
    247.5 KB · Views: 20

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this online after finding the ring, nearly an exact match. I wish all diamond rings had the ct weight on them. I haven’t found one yet with that information on it. I take mine to a local jeweler for their best guess at weight and value.
I have found multiple diamond rings with the diamond weight stamped on the inside. I had a diamond tester for rings with stones I found. Need a diamond tester that can tell the difference between a natural diamond and moissanite, a synthetic diamond, many diamond testers can't.

For $159 they have to be really poor quality diamonds if they are actual diamonds and not moissanite..

Drew61

Feb 23, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found multiple diamond rings with the diamond weight stamped on the inside. I had a diamond tester for rings with stones I found. Need a diamond tester that can tell the difference between a natural diamond and moissanite, a synthetic diamond, many diamond testers can't.

For $159 they have to be really poor quality diamonds if they are actual diamonds and not moissanite..
It is what it is, I didn’t bother taking this one to a jeweler, it’s in a tungsten after all.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a lot of trouble once to take the TC teeth off a bunch of dull saw blades and the like Checked the price for scrap and it was like 5.00 a pound.Burned more than that in propane getting them off.Just saying.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a lot of trouble once to take the TC teeth off a bunch of dull saw blades and the like Checked the price for scrap and it was like 5.00 a pound.Burned more than that in propane getting them off.Just saying.
The best source of scrap carbine is machine cutting tools and a carbide tipped saw blade ain't got much carbide at all. I should gather the rockdrill bits I see laying around at the jobsites for the carbide button inserts and I did have a small dealer when I was a sales rep for carbide bit manufacturer pickup the worn out bits from his customers to get at the carbine. He was heating the heck out of each bit with a accelerate torch with a rosebud head and then dropping them in a bucket of water and the buttons would pop out. He'd get quite a bit of carbide, but it was time consuming for sure. I got a few bits that have been in my office for years now that were to be tested, but never did for some reason I can't remember.

Attachments

• 20220313_063429.jpg
    20220313_063429.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread