How much money do you dedicate to CRH each week?

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking that I can dedicate 1,000 dollars every other week to CRH halves but in order to maximize my searching i'm going to have to set up at least 3 banks to order me two boxes each, twice a month. Thursday afternoon pick up my two boxes, go through them that night, dump the clads at my other bank in the morning, pick up the 2nd round of boxes, Saturday dump/ Saturday pickup and then dump Monday..That way i can effectively search 3,000 worth on the same money. The most I've ever dumped was 1,000 at a bank at a time, I feel like this also makes things less intense for my dump banks too. Do you guys do the same type of thing? What are your thoughts? thanks.

Upvote 0

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats how I do it mostly... I did 16 boxes this week, but I for sure dont have 8k

HH

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha really? How many banks do you order from a week and how many boxes at each bank? 8k wow thats promising!

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking that I can dedicate 1,000 dollars every other week to CRH halves but in order to maximize my searching i'm going to have to set up at least 3 banks to order me two boxes each, twice a month. Thursday afternoon pick up my two boxes, go through them that night, dump the clads at my other bank in the morning, pick up the 2nd round of boxes, Saturday dump/ Saturday pickup and then dump Monday..That way i can effectively search 3,000 worth on the same money. The most I've ever dumped was 1,000 at a bank at a time, I feel like this also makes things less intense for my dump banks too. Do you guys do the same type of thing? What are your thoughts? thanks.

Congrats on discovering the real technique that maximizes your finds.. I call this the "Floated Savings" (savings that are constantly floating for the hunt) DUmp-Pickup-Dump-Pickup-DUmp-Pickup... Its a never-ending cycle.. Also, as your roll gets bigger, I would recommend buying some protection.. I recommend a Smith and Wesson M&P9.. But obviously not everyone is picking up in the ghetto like I am.. So maybe you don't need it..

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on discovering the real technique that maximizes your finds.. I call this the "Floated Savings" (savings that are constantly floating for the hunt) DUmp-Pickup-Dump-Pickup-DUmp-Pickup... Its a never-ending cycle.. Also, as your roll gets bigger, I would recommend buying some protection.. I recommend a Smith and Wesson M&P9.. But obviously not everyone is picking up in the ghetto like I am.. So maybe you don't need it..

Lol yeah someone actually in the forums a few months ago recommended that method to me, search more on less money, then keep on stacking cash to do larger quantities, I may even sell some of my other finds to up my cash bracket. Ha i was actually thinking about a gun lol, the boxes labeled $500 could be enticing to a thief be nice if they came unmarked.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Addicted... Damn man we think alike!!! I carry m&p9c, but own both.

Onaroll, I had 26 boxes ordered, but only 16 came in... Always good to put extra orders in :)

I search in my car, rim search only... Its alot less moving heavy coins around, I pickup from the bank into my car, search, then from car to dump... simple, very effective IMO.

Todays trip only took about 3 hours total time, going to 4 pickup banks, 4 boxes total, had 10 ordered between the 4 banks. And also searching and dumping, and getting home. about 70 miles driven. I also stopped at maybe 8 other banks along the way asking for halves, no luck though.

HH

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

On me at all times when I'm out, I live in a nice area, but ya never know.

Onaroll, I don't think you'll get many people to tell you what they are carrying around for bank roll, but this is what I carry:laughing7:. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN6164.JPG
    DSCN6164.JPG
    222.5 KB · Views: 90
OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Addicted... Damn man we think alike!!! I carry m&p9c, but own both.

Onaroll, I had 26 boxes ordered, but only 16 came in... Always good to put extra orders in :)

I search in my car, rim search only... Its alot less moving heavy coins around, I pickup from the bank into my car, search, then from car to dump... simple, very effective IMO.

Todays trip only took about 3 hours total time, going to 4 pickup banks, 4 boxes total, had 10 ordered between the 4 banks. And also searching and dumping, and getting home. about 70 miles driven. I also stopped at maybe 8 other banks along the way asking for halves, no luck though.

HH

love the technique Infowarrior, I dont like moving coins into my house much either, I may try that technique, i guess you would miss out on proofs and such but you would be making up for it in silver by doing so much so fast. Nice numbers, 70 miles u will get that back after finding a few silvers!

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You carry lead cast bullet ammo??

Are they reloads?

Is that a CZ?

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice maverick, do you have to have your carry licence to keep a gun in your car?

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not at all dude, proofs are easy to spot rim checking... I pulled out about 7 this week... I just dont mention them, as they are pretty common for me... I have over 60 of them now

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not at all dude, proofs are easy to spot rim checking... I pulled out about 7 this week... I just dont mention them, as they are pretty common for me... I have over 60 of them now

thats awesome that is true though, they do stand out with a more defined rim!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice maverick, do you have to have your carry licence to keep a gun in your car?

I have one, but you don't need one to carry it in your car, it just can't have one in the chamber or be loaded. Before I would just keep the clip and gun separate in my vehicle, with the CWP I don't worry about that now.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one, but you don't need one to carry it in your car, it just can't have one in the chamber or be loaded. Before I would just keep the clip and gun separate in my vehicle, with the CWP I don't worry about that now.

That advice isnt the same as my state... know your own state gun laws OnARoll... And make sure you use your weapon and know how to use it properly before carrying it in public.

Carry permits are a good idea to get, it frees up most of that technical stuff... You can carry how you like. Although the 2nd amendment reads pretty clear to me, but that is another story

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
That advice isnt the same as my state... know your own state gun laws OnARoll... And make sure you use your weapon and know how to use it properly before carrying it in public.

Carry permits are a good idea to get, it frees up most of that technical stuff... You can carry how you like. Although the 2nd amendment reads pretty clear to me, but that is another story

Yup, sorry, I should have added that, it maybe different in your state, please check first, and definetly take the course, it is very informative.

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will look things up, we could always buy an old armored truck hehe..

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to work my way up to that level 50, in time..in time..

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Imagine hauling halves in this beast..

Wow, that's cheap. I think I'll buy it and then I'd be able to do 200 boxes a week. And it's a '63, and that means that the engine is 90% silver. Good deal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread