Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
at the banks

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I order my boxes I don't have much of an idea of the shipping costs.

did you ask your bank how much they would charge? I have never heard of a bank charging for shipping - in a direct way

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most on here will say never pay a fee (shipping) I paid $5 a box a couple times because the bank was so close to my house but I stopped and wont pay any more probably- find a bank to order for free

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
How much is too much?

this so called "shipping fee" is code talk for teller's pocketing some cold hard cash. When you encounter this, call the bank up and state you are a business and you would like to know if they charge shipping for ordering coins, if they don't, give them the tellers names and they will be taken care of so to speak.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this so called "shipping fee" is code talk for teller's pocketing some cold hard cash. When you encounter this, call the bank up and state you are a business and you would like to know if they charge shipping for ordering coins, if they don't, give them the tellers names and they will be taken care of so to speak.

Do you have proof of that 50?

I am tired of the teller attacks, please end them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Tipton

Aug 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No fee and I just ordered $1000 in boxes. My bank was being jerks and refused to order boxes so I told them to close all my accounts and now they order boxes and call me when they come in. I'm not kidding.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you have proof of that 50?

I am tired of the teller attacks, please end them.

Yes I do have proof of it, about 6 months ago a PNC branch nearby said they would need to start charging a fee($10 a box). I called support and explained my situation, and asked what the fee of ordering boxes is. They said, there is no fee for PNC customers, business account or not. They personally asked for the branch and the people involved. I didn't say there names on the phone but the next time I went into the branch, the head teller apologized.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I do have proof of it, about 6 months ago a PNC branch nearby said they would need to start charging a fee($10 a box). I called support and explained my situation, and asked what the fee of ordering boxes is. They said, there is no fee for PNC customers, business account or not. They personally asked for the branch and the people involved. I didn't say there names on the phone but the next time I went into the branch, the head teller apologized.

That is one isolated case. I take your word it happen.

On that note not directed at you but in general, please stop the attacks on tellers

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand both sides of the teller atacks- yes the banks dont need to order us coin- however we are customers and we should be treated fairly- when tellers are rude and like 50 showed try to take advantage of us then sometimes it warrants the attacks so to say- its not easy nowadays in the customer service jobs because so many people feel entitled- like so many CRHers, myself included sometimes- however you should still treat every customer professionally and with courtesy- and we as CRHers should always be kind and respectful of the ones serving our hobby-

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
That is one isolated case. I take your word it happen.

On that note not directed at you but in general, please stop the attacks on tellers

I won't talk negatively about tellers for a long while. I'll give them a break, they are going to pay me back for all the torment I've caused them anyways. And I have a feeling more and more tellas are starting to see what I write about them on this forum, so i'll take your advice and stop hating on them.

War_on_Women.jpg

Tipton

Aug 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disagree, why does a bank feel entitled to choose how I want my money? The banks makes a lot of money from my money. It's easy for me to go down the street to another bank if I'm not getting good service. It's like a restaurant, food might be good but if the service sucks why support the establishment with your money. Tons of places have good food with good service. I'll just walk down the street and someone else will be eager for my business.

Edit: my tellers are great it's the managers that are the problem.

Last edited:

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disagree, why does a bank feel entitled to choose how I want my money? The banks makes a lot of money from my money. It's easy for me to go down the street to another bank if I'm not getting good service. It's like a restaurant, food might be good but if the service sucks why support the establishment with your money. Tons of places have good food with good service. I'll just walk down the street and someone else will be eager for my business.

Edit: my tellers are great it's the managers that are the problem.

Tipton- if a bank is charged a fee by the courier ie brinks, loomis etc they may in fact pass it on to the members- there fore if they say there will be a charge/fee to order a box of halves and you say no I dont want to pay a fee then they can decline tour request for a box-
Now you are right with being able to go to another bank of your choosing which doesnt charge and order there- thats what most people here do when they encounter box fees

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread