how much

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
The first day you go out you could find 3 rings or more! OR more likely you will go out several days and sometimes even weeks and not find a darn thing. You just never know what you will find. It is kind of like Russian Roulette. ::)

D

digum smacks

well said mumz,hit the right spot at the right time will pay off,more often than not,empty pockets you will have.unless you hunt every day

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a friend that took ten years before she her first ring, but she didn't have her detector set wright. It also depends on where you hunt . School and beaches are the best places to go . 30 Plus years I have found 1000's of rings But I have never found not even 1 silver Dollar.Finding a Silver dollar to me would be better than a Ring.So have fun looking and only time will tell. Ron Lord ,Naples FLa.

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mumszie said:
The first day you go out you could find 3 rings or more! OR more likely you will go out several days and sometimes even weeks and not find a darn thing. You just never know what you will find. It is kind of like Russian Roulette. ::)

MZ is right! Time, practice, patients, persistence and believing. The right spot and the right time! A good detector helps and oh ya luck, the fact that your coil passes over the ticket!! :icon_pirat:
p.s, be happy and have fun and they will come!

D

digum smacks

metal detecting is like poker.you can be lucky,but to be constantly good and find rings on a regular basis you need "skill"

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seens your obsessing with how fast and how much gold can be found by the hour, day and week when you would be better off learning what your detector is telling you as you hunt a beach and learning how to read and hunt a beach................If you spend your energy there the rest will follow......

It could easily take you months or even longer to find your first ring, and even then it may not be gold......

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first...... you gotta swing your coil over a target that is only about one square inch more or less(usually less)and maybe 8 inches deep.

second .....you gotta decide to dig that target, even though it is most likely just another piece of foil,pulltab,screwcap,canslaw, etc:
good luck!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_thumright:

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
January 3 rings (all gold), February 1, March 2, April 1, May 0, June 3 so far. January, February, March, April I probably went 6 times each month about 5 hours each time out. So far in June I have gone 6 times already about 5 hours each time. I guess you could do the math and figure the odds of finding a ring, but then I have walked onto a beach and the first target is a ring in the first 10 minutes, 5 hours later I have not found anything else except some clad, bottle caps, pull tabs, and bobby pins. Then I have hunted 5 hours and found 2 cents and junk. I have also hunted 5 hours and found 3 rings, $5 in clad and several earrings...... Are you detecting a popular beach for swimmers? Are you detecting a popular beach for MD? Do you have a decent detector and do you know how to use it? Answers to these questions all factor into what you are going to find. The gold is out there, it is just a matter of where and who is going to find it. Get a decent detector and go hunting if you are close to a beach, that is the only way you will know what you are likely to find. Join a MD club and borrow a detector if you are afraid you won't like it. It takes a lot of WORK. Your arm will feel like it is going to fall off the first time you go out if you do it any length of time. Practice and persistence are your friends. Good luck. Just go do it.... Well maybe not, I don't need any more competition ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions