How my 15 box order became 22

yf30

Dec 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I had 15 boxes all coming in Friday at 4 branches of the same bank. Due to timing constraints I was only able to visit one branch on Fri, (the rest agreed to hold the boxes for a couple days). I come in and ask for the 3 boxes of halves. THEYRE NOT THERE!!:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

I couldn't believe it. I was really looking forward to them. She said they'll be in on Tue. So I modified the order to four boxes and to make myself feel better called 2 branches of a different bank and ordered 3 boxes at each. They should be in Thu.

Upvote 0

xnytxowlx

Sep 15, 2013
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
ummm, okay?

my bet: you dont get 22 boxes. some will forget to order. good luck on them. i SHOULD (key word) have 22 boxes coming in this thurs/fri. we shall see what i actually get. only got 22 one week thus far. usually in the 10-12 range

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I probably would t have asked for another box on top of the 3 you already ordered from that bank, if their having trouble ordering those 3.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. when my orders don't come in, the tellers never offer to order double the following week, just say, "OK, Thanks, see you next time" and walk out of the bank. Plus calling in the orders is less effective from my experience because when you order in person, the head teller generally remembers to place that order after you leave.
I probably would t have asked for another box on top of the 3 you already ordered from that bank, if their having trouble ordering those 3.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree. when my orders don't come in, the tellers never offer to order double the following week, just say, "OK, Thanks, see you next time" and walk out of the bank. Plus calling in the orders is less effective from my experience because when you order in person, the head teller generally remembers to place that order after you leave.

Yes, agreed. But I do have a branch that gets me x2 the norm when there is a mess up in the system.

OP
OP
Y

yf30

Dec 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay I just picked up the first 4 boxes. First disappointment: One box is unsealed full of rewrapped dumps. Down to 3. Will report later.

dchism4601

Greenie
Jun 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would still unwrap the unsealed box. I had that happen not too long ago and still found 5 %40. Just like "Buy them all", I always check everything I get. Do what you want, but I have found quite a bit of silver in "dumps". Good luck with the rest of them.

OP
OP
Y

yf30

Dec 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The second box, although sealed, seemed to be previously searched. The ends were crimped but looked like they were previously opened. Anyway I search the box halfheartedly and on the LAST roll I find a 1967.

Also found a dirty 2010 'S' with a shiny finish.What's that about?

The third box was sealed well with no signs of tampering but it failed to yield anything.

OP
OP
Y

yf30

Dec 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would still unwrap the unsealed box. I had that happen not too long ago and still found 5 %40. Just like "Buy them all", I always check everything I get. Do what you want, but I have found quite a bit of silver in "dumps". Good luck with the rest of them.

I took your advice and searched it. SKUNK.

OP
OP
Y

yf30

Dec 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Results from the fourth box yielded a 1967 and a 1968. So if I don't count the first box which was a straight dump, I average 1 per box. Not bad.

Another 4-8 boxes coming tomorrow, depending on the laziness of the tellers. Never ordered from those branches before. Hope for a good score.

OP
OP
Y

yf30

Dec 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the lazy tellers strike again! One branch says tomorrow instead of last Fri.

I did pick up the second batch of four boxes. First one yielded 5 40% and one Ben, YAY!:icon_thumleft:. Second box SKUNK.

Gonna search the other 2 tonight. Another 8 boxes coming tomorrow if all works out.

xnytxowlx

Sep 15, 2013
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
Good finds. Congrats. I got 22 coming thurs and fri, but I am in the midst of skunksville pallets (last friday's 12 had 11 skunks and 1 box with 2 bens and a 40% er... bruuuuutal). If youre going thru hell, keep on going!

Good luck on the other boxes. Let us know how you do!

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, agreed. But I do have a branch that gets me x2 the norm when there is a mess up in the system.

Same here. In fact, I have built up my relationship with my order banks to the point where they apologize to me if they forget to order or if there is some sort of mix up with my boxes. It's nice but it has take a long time to get to that point. Sounds like you are well on your way Omega to establishing the same type of courteous, productive relationships with your pick up banks. Good for you :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread