How often and how long do you metal detect?

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazyjarhead said:
My hunts are long. I have gone 12 hours in a day. Just done one sunday for 9 hours. You either love this hobby and treat it like an addiction or you'll fall off in the cracks sooner or later. And I'm married, too :laughing7:
Interesting "either - or" imagery, but not entirely correct. Like all absolutes, it isn't one.
I've been detecting for well over 20 years and I don't treat it like an addiction, all the time. I hunt when I can, as long as I can. If it is for an hour or a day, so be it.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try to get out once a week for a couple of hours at a time......Matt

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i have been out maybe 5 times in the last 3 months and usually no more than 3 houses from my house from 12 to 330 when the kids get off the school bus they stop by say hello daddy give me the keys and can i have a snack yup but get the homre work and chores done before you go out to plsy snd i get home about 30 minutes later clean my finds and mom walks in the door but i am goin to hit the grass way in front of the local masonic lodge and the lot next to it next week and get permission to swing around the building itself never know might find a masonic penny of course it isnt the original i am doing some research on where the original one for our area was

whitesPA

Jul 6, 2005
i used to go out for a hour or two about 3 days a week then the weekend i spent many 6 to 7 hour days hunting. that was 10 years ago ---now my body wont go that long.lol i am lucky to get out once a week . now that fall is here i hope to get in more days each week

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am laid off and detected 7 days a week for up to 5-6 hours a day all year. But I went back to school full time as of september so now I can only hunt thursday afternoon, friday, sat, sun.

I was getting in about 35-40 hours a week, now I am down to about 15-17 hours week. I am addicted, I love digging up stuff, when I am not detecting, I am thinking about detecting....

I have got about 2000 hours detecting time this year.....lol

TexasTrash

Oct 24, 2009
North Edge of Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, Radio Shack Discovery 2000- don't laugh
Just got my ACE 250 2 weeks ago. Been getting up early every morning to go hunt before work for an hour.

Also been going every Sunday for about 4hrs.....

Man I'm hooked......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread