how old is everyone here?

daveycleaning

Sep 22, 2005
Upvote 4

boz011

Tenderfoot
Nov 13, 2005
Dallas, Georgia
43 here. Very new to MD. Played with one about 30 years ago. Bought my father a Whites 4 years ago, and waiting for mine to arrive in the mail any day now. Love the website and reading about peoples finds.
Bob

T

T_0_N_Y

27 here Been detecting about 6-7 years. Current detector is Whites 5900 Di Pro.

pilgrim770

Jul 25, 2005
Houston, TX.
I'm 57 and was always interested in the hobby. I had to take early retirement because of a health problem, but it won't stop me from detecting. I have all kinds of time to detect now. Still kicking things around until I get my detector. I'm learning all kinds of good stuff from everyone here. Thanks :)

pgleba

Oct 4, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
63. Started a TH club in 1981. It is still going strong. Along with coins I have chased gold and silver. Hopefully will get to meteorites. I love this hobby. Just waiting to come into money so I can take it to the next level. I will never quit this. Good luck to everyone.
Peter

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
old man,old man,i say old man
beg pardon sir im not old im 34

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
I'm 54...and if I'd known I was gonna live this long, I would have taken WAY better care of myself than I did!! LOL

Been detecting almost 2 months now. Got started with a 1965 White's Treasure Master I bought at an auction several months ago. Now swinging an Ace 250 and using a TinyTec Deluxe pinpointer.

HH, ya'll!

panzermeyer

Jul 27, 2004
The Great White North
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum Tesoro Tiger Shark
I;m 41 years old and have been detecting for 2 years and loving it. My pa and uncle both had machines when I was a teenager but I was unfortunately more interested in girls and dirtbikes .Better late than never !

littlehugger

Nov 23, 2005
Only been detecting about 12 years, but until I retire, I doubt I will ever have time to get serious.
Metal detecting only seems like an old guys hobby because they are the only ones with the time to pursue it, and to post here about it.

fanatic

Feb 4, 2005
53 - 54 in January. Just getting into it seriously.

Remember what Groucho said - "You're only as old as the woman you feel"

Cheryl

Nov 28, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
OK, I'm 44 be 45 in January. Oh man that sounded old when my parents were this age. But it isn't too bad, yet.

Getting my first detector for Christmas, I can hardly wait! But I will probably be waiting even longer to use it since the ground will be frozen by then.

Cheryl

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I am 69 and have been combing the Florida beaches ,the Indian River and the St. Johns River since I was 10. Have also been to West Africa looking for diamonds and other things.
Peg Leg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread