How old is this milk bottle?

Oct 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Cabella's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN5223.JPGDSCN5226.JPGDSCN5230.JPGDSCN8880.JPGDSCN9934.JPG

That’s a beautiful bottle. Sorry I can’t help with the ID.

Looks brand new. Real nice. I like the bumps at the neck. Must be for a better grip.

I'd guess 20s or 30s. Research into when that dairy was in operation might give a better answer.

On July 11 ,2018 I posted a pic of a similar milk bottle that I had found that day . The one I found had the same dots around the neck . Based on the history of the company of the one I found I think it was from the 1920's to the 1930's .You found a nice one and it's odd to me that we found similar type bottles within less 2 weeks of each other .I like the old embossed milk bottles so mine is special to me015.JPG

Last edited:
Despite all of the embossing I think it's a later milk bottle, probably the 40s, late 30s at the earliest.

a milk bottle is a good find even if it is from the 40's or 50's

I am far from an expert So I am open to any info that is out there .My guess is based upon the fact that the company open in 1921 as Crystal Springs Dairy and later changed it's name to Rutter Brothers Dairy in 1933 . It is possible that it still used bottles like the one I found after the name change of course. Either way it is the only quart milk bottle that I have every found that is that nice as far as the embossing. And from the pictures United StateofAmerica posted he has another one that is every bit as nice as mine or probably better . Both from PA .

Riegelsville had a milk depot in the 1920-30 censuses, so that time period seems right on the money...

That is a pretty cool find

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back