VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Boatlode!! Neat old BH'er!! I still have my old Garrett Groundhog and she still Beep Beeps!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin master 6000 professional series that's the oldest I think....and a 3 nine volt classic ll square box and a two 5900 di pro, mxt ,surfmaster ll amphibian ,classic one 8 double aa, gtax 400, master hunter cx plus treasure hound..9 total...there like a weapon got to have them all...

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boatlode thats cool.How well does it work for you?

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I bet mine is older - 40 years.

Depends on which one you are talking about. My Whites 6000 DI Pro was purchased by me as a divorce present, and that was 30 years ago. If it had a cuff I'd still be using it, but now it's a loaner for the grand kids.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there no-then beter than a white's

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I thought you meant olde, but still the main detector of use.
I use a 13 year old Whites XLT as my general purpose detector & a Whites Surfmaster PI (original version) on the beach which is also 13 years old. They both still come up with gold each year. I don't know how old my Hays 2 Box is as I bought it used. Got to be older than my Whites. That's still good for over 6'.
Oldies but goodies, I love them. Buying quality beats the hell out of buying new every couple of years.
Just my view, Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well said frankn

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think need to pass the hat and take up a collection for this poor chap and buy him a new Bounty Hunter ! I have a Metrotech in the basement but it wasn't mine. My first detector was a Compass 77B , if somebody has a nice one and would like to pass it on to someone who would cherish it , please pass it on ! Your kids will just put it in a yard sale for ten bucks someday so send it to me !

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My White's Coinmaster 4000/D is still going strong. Had it about 30 years or more.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I think need to pass the hat and take up a collection for this poor chap and buy him a new Bounty Hunter ! I have a Metrotech in the basement but it wasn't mine. My first detector was a Compass 77B , if somebody has a nice one and would like to pass it on to someone who would cherish it , please pass it on ! Your kids will just put it in a yard sale for ten bucks someday so send it to me !

Hay, Metrotec made one that looked like a flying saucer on a stick. It was like a dome shape. It was the first detector that could ID different targets. It had a separate different tone for each type of metal. I saw it demoed and it worked. The only problem was it would only go 6" down. Frank...
hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

OP
OP
Boatlode

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Boatlode thats cool.How well does it work for you?

The thing is built like a tank. Its a LOT heavier than the new machines, and I have the forearms to show for it LOL. But in 40 years I have never had a single problem. Its not designed for the surf, but in dry sand it will find a dime at 4". Over the years it has produced a lot of silver coins, but I'm still looking for my first piece of eight.

I have been toying with the idea of getting a Tesoro Sand Shark for the water.

DonDigger

Jan 11, 2013
Galveston Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics, Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just getting back into this hobby after a long absence. Just retired and need things to keep me busy now. Work and family took priority for many years but now I have time. I also can't throw anything away that still works. Currently using two old favorites. Whites 6000 DI pro hip mount and 5500/D Series 3 (black box). They still find whats in the ground. The first detector I got about 1970 was a Garrett Playmate BFO from the early 60's. Don't know the actual manufacture date but it is more crudely made than Playmates you see online plus the power meter is on the side of mine and a large meter is on the top of later Playmates . Probably a very early production. And it still works! I dust it off every year or so and add batteries and play with it for a while just for old time sake. I guess it's time I considered a new detector but that's something my accountant (if I talk to her sweetly) has to approve.

playmate.jpg playmate2.jpg playmate3.jpg

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just tell her you can find gold rings with the new ones! Lol! Hopefully that works!

Got my 4900 DI pro sl in 1990, it weighs 4.5 lbs! still have it but it needs work, so I got a new M6, which weighs 3 lbs. makes a big difference! I could tell by the sound of the old detector what was under the coil most of the time, and the M6 tells me how deep it is. Now if it just would stop laughing at me when I dig up a pop top that it told me was a "ring" !

OP
OP
Boatlode

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm just getting back into this hobby after a long absence. Just retired and need things to keep me busy now. Work and family took priority for many years but now I have time. I also can't throw anything away that still works. Currently using two old favorites. Whites 6000 DI pro hip mount and 5500/D Series 3 (black box). They still find whats in the ground. The first detector I got about 1970 was a Garrett Playmate BFO from the early 60's. Don't know the actual manufacture date but it is more crudely made than Playmates you see online plus the power meter is on the side of mine and a large meter is on the top of later Playmates . Probably a very early production. And it still works! I dust it off every year or so and add batteries and play with it for a while just for old time sake. I guess it's time I considered a new detector but that's something my accountant (if I talk to her sweetly) has to approve.

View attachment 975418 View attachment 975419 View attachment 975420

Those old detectors are built like tanks, all metal, no plastic. That's why they still work like new after 40 years. I wouldn't trade my old BH I for anything.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN1189.JPG DSCN1188.JPG

Here's my first one, Garrett Master Hunter, 1970. Cost me a week's pay back then. Beep and dig, no discrimination, dug all signals, left the schoolyards very clean.

DixieLandMan

Sep 18, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202, White's MXT, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad has a Falcon MD that he got before 1977. It works too. Mine that I have now, 1 is 12 years old (Bounty Hunter 202) and I do not know how old my MXT is but my CZ-21 is maybe 2 years old, if that.

wpsgta1000

Jul 17, 2013
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mine is a GTA1000 from 1993. Works great and have found over 400 silvers in the past 21 years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread