how rarw is it?

kuntryboy_62

Greenie
May 13, 2011
recently my wife and I were hunting a schoolyard close to the beach in georgia and found a 1733 spanish gold #1 reale that was mounted as a pendant , coin was not even dirty as the schoolyard playground was covered in mulch. We have found many coins both old and new , also local and foreign along with much jewelry, so it seems that the kids are getting into their parents trinkets and taking them to school for show and tell. We took the gold coin to a local coin expert as we were told and he had to take the coin out of the retainer to test its gold content and to really see it up close. He says it is 18-22 karat and either it was absolutely the best fake he has seen or we have something extremeley rare and valuable. To be sure, he sent us to see someone in Jacksonville who was the "man''. Well he was the rudest joker I've ever met and without hardly even looking at the coin he said "in my opinion its not realand that its not even real gold". This guy had a glorified looking pawn shop in my opinion having to be buzzed in and out the door and boxes and glass counters full of priced coins . Should we get another opinion since the first tested it as real or just forget it and accept the dealers word?

chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions