Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this a new topic???? Jamey ??? Got so many now huh? Soap and water is good with a soft tooth brush. You can put a little sheen or polish on them with a tiny touch of veg oil but it will not last but brings out color for pictures. Some people spray things with polyeurathane but I do not suggest it. We do pottery sherds with a satin spray before framing but its all broke anyways. Dont do your artifacts that way though. They are 1000's of years old and the natutal wear and patina is what helps keep them authentic. My humble opinion again for you. Keep natural is the rule of thumb with antiques.
Cya buddy.
TnMountains
Here is broke Tn pottery sprayed for display.You will get enough for a frame when you come over this summer.

Attachments

• 100_1242.JPG
    100_1242.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 290
OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you tn mountains,wonder why i do not see pottery around here?i was wondering because everyones points look so bright and mine so dull.they looked better when i first found them.but i was really wondering about the square knife i found,it has that green moss looking stuff on it,i guess i should just leave it?wish it was as bright as the piece chong found. jamey

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Each piece has its own personality. Every region has diffrent material with diff colors. Do not worry though your region has some of the most desirable to be found with fort payne and dover.Your artifacts are fine the way they are . Trust me on this. Remember that the grass is not always greener on the other side. Yeah chongs was a beauty for sure though.....cya
Later Jamey

TnMountains

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best and only way to clean your artifacts as far as I'm concerned is with warm water and an old tooth brush. No soap, no detergent, and no stiff brushes. Just an old soft tooth brush and warm water, that's all it takes.

RobKruzan

Jan 25, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Dont use one.
I agree all you need is soap and water there is times i find points on the river i just give them one dip in the river to take off the dirt and sand and thats the only wash they will get.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
just remember, when you use soap, whatever state the soap was to begin with it'll return to that state when dry.
flake-flake, bar-bar, etc.
the ones that I really want to see the color or textures, I use a small amount of Johnson paste floor wax and a soft brush, rub it in, let it sit for a minute and then rub off any excess and buff with soft cotton cloth, it will shine like a million bucks, it will not fade and if it gets a little dust on it, just blow it off and it's clean
hope this helps

Sniffer

PALEOMAN

Dec 11, 2007
COLORADO
Detector(s) used
WHITES XLT
water and a tooth brush if it comes from a river or creek. if you dig it up and may have importance do not scrub. a recent paleo discovery in colorado in someones backyard revealed evidence of camel,horse and other extinct animal dna on the tools found there.

OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow posts from the ones i really wanted to hear from,i thank you all.all of mine were found were the river went down to expose them.ill let them be as i know all of you know what your talking about.thanks for helping me with my new lifelong hobby.ill show you everyone i get so maybe we all can learn a bit more about such an important group of people who lost everything,giving way for america... jamey

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
jamey said:
important group of people who lost everything,giving way for america... jamey

what an insightful comment jamey. A thoughtful consideration that needs more than a passing thought. "giving way for america" will stay on my mind for quite a while.

naturegirl

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
jamey said:
important group of people who lost everything,giving way for america... jamey

what an insightful comment jamey. A thoughtful consideration that needs more than a passing thought. "giving way for america" will stay on my mind for quite a while.

naturegirl
Have never heard it said like that. So true. Thank you.
:notworthy: :notworthy:

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
No veg oil, only mineral oil if you have to. It's clear and non organic.

ShowmeMoflint

Dec 27, 2008
L.C.M.O.
Detector(s) used
eyeballs and walking stick
Warm water and a old tooth brush is all I use and it is good enough.You leave residue when you use soap and that is not good

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread