How should i handle this situation? Somewhat unique.

WC68

Apr 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By chance, one of my baby sitters saw my Poche book sitting on a table. She then proceeded to tell me abouther family's land, that Sherman's troops had either camped and or terrorized in 1865. The house was spared burning. She showed me the location on Google earth and its definitely in the right spot (ive been researching this same area already). We talked a while, and she explained to me how interested she was in the history. She invited me to come detect the place with her following me around which is all great.

Im thinking she might want to keep everything i might find, if i find anything at all. Should i establish some kind of deal before hand? 1 for you, 1 for me? I get plates, you get bullets? lol. Not that I will find anything at all, but it seems promising enough. I appreciate her interest, otherwise i might not have been able to go.

DeerStalker

May 11, 2012
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be straight and to the point. Tell her that you detect because you also collect, therefore if you find anything, you'd like to be able to keep it for your collection, but since it is her family property, you will be willing to share items of interest with them as well.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely get it all out up front. See what she wants and tell her what you expect before you even go. You better check to see if other family members have a say as well.

When I was younger we used to have a way to divide things. One person would make two 'equal' piles and the other would choose which one they wanted.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always nice to have a young, attractive cheerleader along. :D

OP
OP
W

WC68

Apr 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Always nice to have a young, attractive cheerleader along. :D

No cheerleaders, but maybe I can get the wife to wear some sexy clothes and tag along.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Sounds like a promising site. Get the whole thing about who gets what settled before you ever start, and take pictures of all of it:thumbsup: Good luck,

Charlie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread