🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
K

Kentucky Kache

Maybe they took measurements, using an old photograph.
Or maybe it's just made for video.

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Harry Pristis said:
That was fun to watch! I think they used a Sanborn map and some surveying skills to find that privy.
Harry's got it!

Some of those old maps show the exact locations of privy's, wells, outbuildings etc.

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
I seen on Cash and Treasures show a guy using Sanbron Fire Insurance maps and a high dollar ground penetrating system to locate them. Just using the maps could put you off by a ways if the streets were changed.

Wolverine.

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
They may have used Sanborn maps as a reference, but they are by no means acurate enough to go out in the middle of a parking lot and start digging. What we do is, look for slight depressions or just cracks in the pavement, use a spud bar or a cordless hammer drill with a nice big long masonary bit to get a hole for your probe to go in, and then use the probe(s) to verify the pit. Once you know, start prying up or spud barring the pavement. The area was probably about to be all torn up and new construction coming in.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep Sanborn maps

They did in on Searching for treasures Also

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
see the cracks --using old sanborn maps and other info --linked together with the "cracked area" --due to the area being a privy n the past it would cause the ground to sag or be weak causing the covering asphalt to crack ---actually they used a form of "black magic" folks seldom use these days called " using your brains and logic together " -- :wink:

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008
I thought it was neat that they found the spot. But thought that they where a bunch of moron's. I cant believe I watched the whole thing. What a bunch of dingdongs..Wonder how they got the permission for that one. Nice of them to fill the hole with there trash before leaving.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread