How This Years Gold Rings Read On My Garrett AT's

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
R2 (2).jpg

Here's the gold rings I got this year with my Garretts. Most were dug with the AT Pro and AT MAX. Below is a photo with each ring indiviualized with some pertanant information

r1.jpg

Lots of people ask?.......So where do gold rings read? The correct answer is just about anywhere. But, a lot of them can be found near +/- where pull-tabs and old beaver-tail pull- tabs read. I believe, the square (complete) square pull-tabs tend to read at about 53, unless they were buried 10+ years ago, then they tend to read higher. You really got to dig those signals in the 50's.

The mass, size, purity and what the gold is mixed with all effect the VDI readings.....

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job John. I'm impatiently waiting to get my At max lol. I've missed my At gold alot. You know what I've been swinging and all the talk that goes along with that detector. I'm not hear to talk good or bad about any other brand unprovoked. I can just tell you and everyone else this I've been getting very discouraged and am getting the excitement back that I had when I was swinging my trusty Garrett. You will be seeing my finds posted again soon. I haven't had much to post the last year or so. Good luck John.

Sent from my XT1585 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post. My smallest read 45 on the Deus, largest a whopping 83 but it was HUGE.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Great job John. I'm impatiently waiting to get my At max lol. I've missed my At gold alot. You know what I've been swinging and all the talk that goes along with that detector. I'm not hear to talk good or bad about any other brand unprovoked. I can just tell you and everyone else this I've been getting very discouraged and am getting the excitement back that I had when I was swinging my trusty Garrett. You will be seeing my finds posted again soon. I haven't had much to post the last year or so. Good luck John.

Sent from my XT1585 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

I think you will love the new MAX. Much more power then the Pro/Gold, especially in true all metal mode. Just ground balance, use your favorite settings and begin hunting.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Nice post. My smallest read 45 on the Deus, largest a whopping 83 but it was HUGE.

It truly is amazing how gold will show up in so many different VDI numbers on any machine.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank u, John! I'm passing that info on to my Daughter...She swings an ATP.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions