spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This little one liner is best used in one of two circumstances, but I am sure you will find other ways to use it too. :icon_thumleft: The first is for someone that is just talking nonsense that you can't understand and the second is for that big bag of wind that carries on without having anything to really say.

"You sound like a turd salesman with a mouthful of samples".

Stops them in their tracks every time :laughing7:

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my husbands favorite sayings:
"You sound like a clapper bone in a goose's a$$" . :laughing7:
I don't know exactly what a "clapper bone" is though? ??? :D

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's no need to know what a "clapper bone" is, the point is well driven.

I would love to hear other great one liners to stop people in their tracks too ;D

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter hears this a lot from me:
"I've officially stopped listening now."

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you time it right there is no better...

"Pardon me, you have a boogy in your nose."

Or, if appropriate, do what Maverick did to Slider...

Lean in close...take a big sniff...back away slowly giving them a look of disgust and say "You stink."

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just look them square in the eye, squinting a little with slightly puffy cheeks, and then say in a somewhat strained voice, "I have to poop." That usually ends things right then and there. :laughing7:

S

stefen

Hold the palm of your hand in front of their face and say 'Talk to the hand' :coffee2:

B

BigDan

I might get in trouble for this...... :laughing9:

"To maintain the organization of.....your post in "Everything Else" has been moved..." :notworthy:

I'm still laughing at the thought of someone trying to maintain the organization of Everything Else. And, yeah, it does end a conversation abruptly! :thumbsup:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
There was a line the movie "The Hangover" one guy says to the other "You're litteraly too $tupid to insult."

Another one I like to use is "Hold it right there, the ref just threw the bull$hit flag on ya."

or

"Right now I'm sitting here looking at you trying to see things from your point of view but I can't get my head that far up my as$".

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
English:

"Are you talking to me or chewing a brick? Because either way it's gonna end the same!" (loosing your teeth.)

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the next time I'll try and do it with one sound and one word and see how that goes. It will go something like this

Them: blah, blah, blah, blah
M: Susssssh wait (and just look around and skyward)

Then just walk away like you heard a command that one one else heard. I am sure they will never talk to you again after a stunt like that :laughing9:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one friend who continually talks, and I mean continually you would think that after spitting out words, they would stop and take a breath to inhale. The kind that their brain is in constant thought they they speak continually. This one can talk so fast and continually which everyone gets bored and tiring of hearing him that many just walk away or fall asleep and you can't even get a word in. It is even worse on the phone with him.

I usually tell him, "Hey wait a minute, quit talking, inhale, it will all be OK!"

Screws him up everytime! :laughing7: :laughing7:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure it's not me you're talking about? I am a motormouth when I need to be, only difference nothing can distract me once I have started. You reminded me of this little exchange.

Years ago I was making sales calls with my then Manager, a real motormouth, one who kept telling me the same story over and over again from his days in 1940's Chicago. Not only were his stories long and boring, I practically knew what everyone was wearing, that is how trivial his stories got. Honestly, I knew 3 stories by heart, word, for word.

We were driving to an account in CT and his ramblings made me miss an exit, I was so ticked I turned and interrupted his story with, "Come up of Air". He looked stunned and said what did you say? I said, "We are almost there". He never got it....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread