How to Air Test the Sovereign GT

Ltr113

Mar 3, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, White's Prizm IV, Bounty Hunter Scout
Primary Interest:
Other
Any GT expert users that can give me details on how to air test my machine? Maybe I should set up a test garden cause I don't think I'm getting the hang of it. This is the start of my second season using it.
I go to the beach and dig a lot of lobster traps and their remnants. Inland hunting is fair, but nothing like the stuff I would find with my White's Prizm IV. (Of course, the visual display was a big advantage.)
It seems the most abundant finds with the Minelab is pennies and quarters.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab's do not air test well and many hunters are disappointed in what they think the depth is. However targets in the ground are a different story.

As for digging a lot more targets with the White's it is because that doesn't have iron mask mode so you are digging a lot more iron. I don't consider a visual display an advantage unless you only want to cherry pick coins and not find many nickles and gold rings. Since iron objects are mainly junk, I dig everything else for many more coins and rings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread