How to ask for permission

ReidMan

Jul 16, 2008
Hampton, VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok this should be good. I want everyone to post there ways at getting permission. I had a friend that died who would let me go first to just get shot down then go up and spend 20 minutes with the person and not only get to hunt but next thing I know they were bring out Cokes for us both. Some people have a real technique for asking, I'm not one of them. So lets see how others do it.

Post away!

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
ReidMan said:
Ok this should be good. I want everyone to post there ways at getting permission. I had a friend that died who would let me go first to just get shot down then go up and spend 20 minutes with the person and not only get to hunt but next thing I know they were bring out Cokes for us both. Some people have a real technique for asking, I'm not one of them. So lets see how others do it.

Post away!
I always take two machines with me. I tell the property owner that if they would like, I will show them how to use it and they can metal detect with me. I almost always get a yes but sometimes I have to come back when they are able to detect.

It really allows them to be involved and puts them at ease about some stranger digging up their grass. You end up becoming friends with them. And it gives them a neat experience of finding valuable things they never knew were on their property.

It does help to be dressed sort of well and clean shaven. You can't have the ax murderer look if you know what I mean. And people know when you are nervous. So smile and compliment them on their home. Small talk is good also.

If they say no, thank them anyway and wish them well.

Most interactions with other people is nothing more than a sale. Most people just don't realize it. And that is why sales is the highest paid profession in the world.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread