Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm going to guess putting them in straight vinegar would do the same. I would think it is the acid in the ketchup that cleans it?

ELITE

Jan 1, 2013
louisiana
Detector(s) used
garret at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
geaussssssssssssss what????...................................................................................................................I just did it!!!!:icon_thumright:

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't leave them in the vinegar overnite- they turn BLACK- all of them. I would be checking them @ every 1/2 hour or so. And no I'm not an idiot- the overnite soaking was an accident. In the past I have soaked cents' in water and baking soda to clean off the green corrision- some times overnite andve and it was not a problem. Live and learn. The only thing I'm kinda glad about was that the cents' that got "over cooked" were all clad and I was cleaning them before rolling. yelnif...

OP
OP
jayg

jayg

Mar 12, 2013
It's weird. The nice one in the pic came out great but now I'm having trouble with some. it's not having good results on others?

ELITE

Jan 1, 2013
louisiana
Detector(s) used
garret at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am having trouble with the cions all going and facing the bottom.

mike1215

Mar 5, 2013
shenandoah pa
Detector(s) used
its a cheap one. Cabelas Bounty Hunter/Treasure Hunter.I love it! I bought one for my son and love it so much i went and got the same one and found a lot of stuff in only a little over a year of using
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lemon juice?

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was told that cleaning them much would destroy their value, but what is an acceptable way of cleaning them without de-valuing them?

OP
OP
jayg

jayg

Mar 12, 2013
not sure, u have to be careful when using the ketchup. check them every 5 minutes or so. I've had great results and horrible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread