Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Get a plastic bottle, fill it about 1/4 full with pebbles, add vinegar enough to reach the top of the pebbles, put in 20 coins or so, screw on the lid...and shake rattle and roll for about 5 minutes.

Boilermaker27

Oct 16, 2003
St. Louis
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2
on clad coins I just take a toothbrush and remove the dirt and grime and then back into circulatioin they go. They will eventually get clean while in circulation. I have never had anyone say anything to me about dirty coins, sometimes they take a good look but when they see it is a coin they almost have to take it.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
Someone told me once to put the coins in a empty milk container and add some toilet cleaner. Tried it and it works, just don't mix the coins (I.E. copper and non-copper). It's a quick way to clean them. I prefer the tumbler method.

W

WINDTAMER

FILL S BOWL WITH 2 CUPS OF VINEGER, ADD CLAD, THEN ADD SALT 1 TBS AT A TIME.
STIR AND WATCH YOUR COINS BECOME ALMOST NEW. NOTE:BE SURE AND USE GLOVES, OTHERWISE YOU WILL HAVE GREEN FINGERSNAILS FOR 3 TO 4 WEEKS.

WINDTAMER.

THIS METHOD DOESN'T WORK ON COPPER.

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I clean my old silver by placing strips of alunimum foil and boil the water and then add my silver.
I use this to clean my Reale Silver coins and it work pretty good.
Peg Leg

patpall22

Jul 4, 2006
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark
Has anyone ever tried oxyclean? I started using this miracle substance about five years ago to clean old golfballs and have been using it to clean my coins. it is the greatest multipurpose product ever made.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions