How to find 3ft buried PVC pipe

Phillips007

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope everyoneā€™s day is going well. Iā€™ve got a question for all you guys that are in this field of work. If you had letā€™s say 10 4ā€x 8ā€ pvc pipes that were capped off and buried in different spots on 5 acres of wooded land how would you go about finding them? You canā€™t clear cut the trees and uses heavy machinery but basically need to pin point itā€™s location and dig from there. Thereā€™s no metal piece inside for a detector so I was wondering how could you detect it. Is there a detector that would pick up the cash buried in them that deep since I read some detectors can at close range? Thanks for any info.

onadraw

Sep 28, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excalibur II, Tesoro Lobo ST, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Detector that can find Cash? Go on....

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Aren't there detectors out there which find voids?

Otherwise, there's got to be some metal there...

onadraw

Sep 28, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excalibur II, Tesoro Lobo ST, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, Welcome to TreasureNet.

I'm following along to see if anybody has any great ideas for you but to me, it sounds like you have to make your best guesses and grab a shovel to find out.

OP
OP
P

Phillips007

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have them like what Tsa uses and Iā€™ve seen where some metal detectors can but on very close range so they wonā€™t work.

OP
OP
P

Phillips007

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Money has some metal but I donā€™t think it will read that deep. They do have detectors that can show voids or objects under the ground but the terrain is so rough and wondering how good they can read. Those machines are one reason I posted on here to see if anyone had used one.

OP
OP
P

Phillips007

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the ground penetrating radar is what Iā€™ve been looking at. The terrain is thick but I think itā€™s my best option and you can rent them. I appreciate the info. Thanks

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Phillips007

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The radars are crazy expensive but like you said you can rent. Iā€™ve found a place locally that rents so I think Iā€™ll go that route. Thanks

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The radars are crazy expensive but like you said you can rent. Iā€™ve found a place locally that rents so I think Iā€™ll go that route. Thanks

Hope you're able to recover those targets! Good Luck!

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used two pieces of L rods in each hand to find buried empty electrical conduit/pvc pipe and it works but seems pretty weird when the rods cross.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread